Problem Solver Internship at KOMO TV
Make your mark in Broadcasting. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the nation, programming 167 stations located in 77 geographically diverse markets after pending transactions. Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believes in a vision and is dedicated to making Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. a communications powerhouse. We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
The KOMO4 Problem Solvers Intern will report directly to Executive Producer. The primary responsibilities are:
- Get and vet tips that come in to the Problem Solver email address and phone tip line
- Research stories
- Assist in the field on shoots as needed
- Help organize and schedule interviews and shoots
- Field viewer inquiries as needed and assist in the day to day operation of the unit
- Other duties may be assigned.
While this is a learning position, KOMO4 is looking of an individual who displays the following skills:
- Detail oriented – Demonstrates an attention to detail; can produce thorough and accurate materials to assist reporters.
- Customer service – Responds promptly to customer needs; can manage difficult customer situations with grace.
- Team player – Shows a willingness to tackle any job, big or small, to help the team achieve its goal of producing compelling and important stories
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; to prioritize and complete the most important tasks first.
- Adaptability — Can readily adapt and adjust to change focus and take on new tasks as necessary.