The publicity intern assists the Publicist in working with the local and national media to implement a strong and favorable publicity campaign for SIFF and its films. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Organize ticket requests and event invitations for press
- Disseminate information to media
- Identify media opportunities for print, online, and broadcast (TV, radio)
- Arrange space for filmmaker interviews
- Track, compile, and record press and media
- Generate press notes and/or media kits for press screenings
- Manage press clippings
- Manage DVD screener library, including duplication, check-out, and tracking
All potential candidates must demonstrate the ability to take initiative, show good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end. They must be able to demonstrate (a) excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills; (b) exceptional ability to manage details, multitask in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines; and (c) work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
References should speak to the applicant’s sense of camaraderie, integrity, professionalism, responsibility, and flexibility.
Apply: email@example.com Cover letter and resume