The Vera Project is currently seeking a Communications Intern to help manage our marketing and communications. See the job description below (and attached). Interested individuals should send a resume, letter of interest and optional writing sample to email@example.com by 9am Monday April 26, 2010.
The Communications Intern works with Vera’s staff team and Communication Committee to facilitate Vera marketing and communications. This position supports Communication Committee initiatives which include message platform definition and Vera 10 year anniversary PR planning. This position also organizes ongoing communications on Vera’s website, blog, facebook, etc. Priority for Vera internships goes to young people 14 to 24 years of age.
– Provide creative input and administrative support to Vera’s communications committee
o Participate in developing communications committee initiatives including PR planning and messaging platform definition
o Schedule communications committee meetings and attend meetings as available
o Process committee notes and data
– Co-manage communications and marketing projects and coordinate project tasks with programming committee members
– Support staff in implementing weekly website content updates
o Develop, collect and edit content from Vera staff and committees
o Update site with written and media content
o Coordinate social media efforts with website and marketing efforts
– Support staff in producing blog posts, email updates, promotions
– Recruit, hire and train the next Intern in coordination with the development team
– Marketing and merchandising tasks such as developing individual outreach plans for Vera programs (gallery, shows, workshops) and services (rentals, recording, etc)
– Develop and pitch Vera stories to media
– Identify member stories and work with membership and staff to develop for use in fundraising and outreach
– In cooperation with the outreach intern, identify outreach opportunities with schools, local events, etc.
– Valuable experience in arts, music and non-profit communications, marketing and PR
– Opportunity to work with established communications professionals
– Potential eligibility for college credit
– Monthly stipend
– Excellent written communication skills
– Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
– Familiarity with Seattle’s music and arts community
– Saavy with online communications (blogging, facebook, twitter, etc)
Reports to: Managing Director, Operations Coordinator <http://www.theveraproject.org> .
Hours: 10-15 per week, coordinated with Vera staff
Internship duration: 4-6 months
Interested individuals should send a resume, letter of interest and optional writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Vera Project is an all ages, volunteer fueled music-arts venue. Find out more at http://www.theveraproject.org