Real Change is now hiring for an incredibly important position, one that will take the organization toward its third decade.
Now Hiring: Editor
Real Change seeks an editor who brings dynamic activism and professional standards to our award-winning weekly newspaper. This full-time position is responsible for the development and oversight of the paper: setting and maintaining an editorial direction that is consistent with the Real Change mission, supervising staff and volunteers to meet deadlines, and acting as a liaison with community supporters.
The Editor is also part of Real Change’s management team and expected to work across departments to help ensure that the organization delivers on its mission.
· At least three years of newsroom editing experience
· Prior experience with supervision and working as part of a management team
· Demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice
· Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong organizational skills and comfort with working under pressure
· Proficiency with graphic design (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
For more information about the position, download the full job description (PDF) <http://www.realchangenews.org/images/uploads/site_images/Editor_job_desc.pdf> .
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Applications received by August 16 will receive priority consideration.
People of color and those with direct experience of poverty and/or homelessness are encouraged to apply.
Editor, Real Change
219 First Avenue South, Suite 220
Seattle WA 98104
206-441-3247 ext 207