JOB TITLE: PRODUCER (Job #1103)
We are looking for a journalist with extremely strong writing and producing skills. We want a candidate who appreciates compelling, creative newscasts. Must have at least 3 to 5 years experience as a newscast producer in a medium or large market. Do not apply if you have never produced a newscast. Candidate must be aggressive with breaking news and willing to throw the rundown out the window. Candidate must be able to work well under pressure. We’re looking for someone who is imaginative and knows how to weave a newscast with a variety of stories. If you don’t have a passion for news, don’t apply! We want someone who stays on top of news by reading the newspapers and web sites. Candidate must also contribute story ideas on a daily basis. We’re not looking for someone who wants everything handed to them! It’s crucial that candidate has strong skills in social media as it applies to broadcast. Performs work according to values of Fisher Communications with the utmost of integrity and trust in doing what is right.
- Produce Newscast as assigned.
- Write scripts.
- Contribute story ideas.
- Coordinate with assignment editors, reporters and photographers.
- Contribute to KOMO social media and web sites.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Willingness to work weekends if needed.
- B.A. in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred.
- MINIMUM 3 years experience as broadcast producer in medium or large market.
- Well-rounded knowledge of current events and world happenings.
- Excellent news writing and production skills.
- Must be inquisitive, innovative, energetic, flexible and open to new ideas and new ways of doing things.
- Working knowledge of computers.
- Ability to work under pressure and without direct supervision.
- Ability to work various shifts.
TO APPLY, send resume with cover letter and link to demo reel to:
PLEASE REFERENCE “Producer – JOB #1103” IN THE SUBJECT LINE
NO PHYSICAL RESUMES ACCEPTED
NO CALLS PLEASE
KOMO Television – Fisher Communications, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.