KBOI-TV in Boise, Idaho is looking for a dynamic reporter to join our newsroom Candidate MUST have at least 2 years of on-air experience. We are looking for a newsroom leader who has very strong reporting and storytelling skills. Must be able to set-up, shoot, write and edit own stories as a member of our team. We expect our reporters to come to the table with story ideas and to contribute to our editorial meetings. Candidate must also have the ability to do creative, energetic live shots and stand ups. Must be good in breaking news situations. Candidate must also be well versed in social media and prepared to contribute to our network of websites. We are looking for someone with a high work ethic and a great attitude. Performs work according to values of Fisher Communications with the utmost of integrity and trust in doing what is right.
· Report, shoot and edit own stories each week.
· Contribute story ideas daily
· Contribute content to station web sites and social media outlets.
· Be a team player and jump in when needed.
· B.A. in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred.
· MINIMUM 2 years experience as broadcast reporter.
· Well-rounded knowledge of current events and world happenings.
· Excellent news writing and production skills.
· Must be inquisitive, innovative, energetic, flexible and open to new ideas and new ways of doing things.
· Working knowledge of computers.
· Ability to work under pressure and without direct supervision.
· Must have very strong writing skills.
· Must be a very strong reporter.
· Must be able to shoot and edit their own video.
No physical resumes accepted and no phone calls please.
Reference “KBOI-2011-32” on all correspondence.
KBOI/Fisher Communications, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.