Position Type: Full-Time
KBOI-TV/ KYUU-TV is looking for a Local Sales Manager to lead a great local sales team in a growing television station. The ideal candidate will have great leadership skills and will be dedicated to building the best local sales staff in the Boise, ID DMA. They will be in front of clients on a consistent basis with members of our sales team. This is not a desk job. They will be motivated by super servicing our clients and over delivering results for their business. They will be focused on growing new direct business and using all the sales tools available including our secondary station, and all web and mobile products. They will lead by example and handle a local account list. They will possess the key qualities of integrity, honesty, enthusiasm, creativity, passion, a positive attitude and a great work ethic. Boise is a highly desirable area with a great quality of life. This is an ideal place for applicants who enjoy outdoor activities and want to live in a family friendly community.
· Manages, hires and trains a team of local sales account executives.
· Establishes and maintains strong professional relationship with local clients and agencies.
· Focus on new direct business development.
· Responsible for local sales on KBOI-TV and KYUU-TV.
· Assists the local sales team in developing custom sales presentations & proposals using all available tools.
· Maintain a local client account list.
· Works with production & promotion department in creating and maintaining pre-production and post-production of commercial scripts, having them produced into finished commercials.
· Assists traffic department in the timely delivery of commercial material and the resolution of schedule irregularities via use of inventory control system.
· Assists in collection of past-due accounts. Complies with Conditions of Employment established by the Sales Department.
· Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· Minimum of 3 years Television Sales experience
· Demonstrable skills in writing, organizing, and presenting formal client presentations
· Familiarity with current marketing and sales techniques.
· Working knowledge of Windows PC
· Experience with traffic software system, preferable WideOrbit
· Experience with One Domain preferred.
· Familiarity with word processing software; Word preferred
· Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook
· Valid Idaho Driver’s License, proof of insurance and a clean driving report from the Idaho DMV
No physical resumes accepted and no phone calls please.
Reference “KBOI-2011-31” on all correspondence.