Position Title: Marketing & Graphic Design Intern
Location: Jolkona World Headquarters
Reports to: Laura Kimball
Length: Starts June 1st- End of August
Compensation: Unpaid, Credit offered
We are Jolkona, a nonprofit tech startup based in Seattle, WA. We offer a solution to people who want to see exactly where their donation dollars go by connecting them with global philanthropic projects via our network of partners (for as little as $5!). Every donation made on Jolkona goes straight to the project chosen, and every donor receives one-to-one level proof of feedback – whether it’s a photo, a story, or a video – allowing each donor to see the exact impact that they have made. Our mission is to create a ripple effect of change and show the world that everyone can change the world today.
Jolkona is powered by two fulltime employees and 20+ skilled volunteers and interns. We are young, passionate, and out to change the face of philanthropy.
Mission: To connect people with global philanthropic opportunities and show the impact of one’s donations.
Would you like to jump head first into an online and print marketing campaign that allows you to creatively build a marketing plan from the ground up? Jolkona is seeking a marketing & design intern to help design print and online collateral for Jolkona’s brand, campaigns, and various events and activities.
· Work with Communications team to execute on Jolkona’s various design needs.
· Some examples of projects include: designing Jolkona twitter background, handouts, and
· Drive production and design of Jolkona Press/Media Kit
Ideal Experience & Qualifications:
· Project management
· Design skills – use of adobe illustrator, Photoshop, & Powerpoint
· Marketing background- creative ideas to bring to the table to improve marketing Jolkona
Must be able to attend all company wide meetings (usually one per month).
Desired: 3 days/week for 4 hours each
· Exposure to the nonprofit world
· Letter of recommendation upon successful completion of tasks
· Referrals on LinkedIn
· Ability to build on your portfolio
· Credit offered at most Universities (please ask for specific credit questions)
· Experience working in a growing and fast paced micro-giving environment
· Cover letter with one professional reference