Position Title: Infographic Research & Design Intern
Location: Jolkona World Headquarters
Reports to: Adnan Mahmud
Length: Starts ASAP- End of August
Compensation: Unpaid, Credit offered
We are Jolkona, a nonprofit tech startup based in Seattle, WA. We offer a solution to people who want to see exactly where their donation dollars go by connecting them with global philanthropic projects via our network of partners (for as little as $5!). Every donation made on Jolkona goes straight to the project chosen, and every donor receives one-to-one level proof of feedback – whether it’s a photo, a story, or a video – allowing each donor to see the exact impact that they have made. Our mission is to create a ripple effect of change and show the world that everyone can change the world today.
Jolkona is powered by two fulltime employees and 20+ skilled volunteers and interns. We are young, passionate, and out to change the face of philanthropy.
Mission: To connect people with global philanthropic opportunities and show the impact of one’s donations.
Do you like to present information in a creative and visually appealing way? We are looking for a rockstar intern who can use compelling data to drive awareness for our causes using visual graphics.
• Build and manage Jolkona’s Infographics portfolio
• Work closely with Jolkona’s marketing team to identify clear deliverables and deadlines
• Do the research and design of the Infographics
• Attend meetings and events as appropriate
Ideal Experience & Qualifications:
• Strong design skills
• Strong research skills
• Self-motivated and can drive projects to completion
• Can work in tight deadlines
• Preference will be given to candidates whose portfolio includes variety of web design and print design work
• Ability to collect feedback multiple viewpoints and combine them into a single design
Time Commitment: Negotiable but minimum time commitment is 8-10 hours a week.
· Exposure to the nonprofit world
· Letter of recommendation upon successful completion of tasks
· Referrals on LinkedIn
· Ability to build on your portfolio
· Credit offered at most Universities (please ask for specific credit questions)
· Experience working in a growing and fast paced start-up environment
· Cover letter with one professional reference
· Sample of your work