MultiCare Health System in Tacoma, WA is looking for a summer Marketing/Internal Communications Intern. Please pass this along to your marketing and communication departments and students. We are looking to hire by early June.
To apply – email a cover letter and resume to: Rachel Snyder, email@example.com.
JOB TITLE: Marketing/Internal Communications Summer Intern (unpaid, school credit applicable)
DEPARTMENT: Marketing – Internal Communications
DATE: Mid-June – Aug. or Sept. 2011
Shift/Work schedule: M-F, 25-30 hours per week
REPORTS TO: Rachel Snyder, Senior Internal Communications Specialist
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Marketing Intern is responsible for supporting the Marketing Department, which includes Employee Communications, Marketing, Advertising Services and Media Relations. This position will provide an in-depth look in Marketing and its many facets in a busy, challenging environment.
Receive hands-on experience with writing internal communication pieces (newsletter articles, intranet content, flyers), and learning and taking lead in implementing communication planning and promotions. Web knowledge is desired as this position will require learning the internal web site programming and production process.
The work environment is very fast paced and requires a quick learner. Work situations and assignments will require organization, prioritization, planning skills, independence and creativity. Students will work M-F, 25-30 hours a week, with some weekend hours. Schedules are flexible. School credit can be earned for this unpaid position.
– Produces a wide range of print and electronic communication to support internal/external communication needs, including newsletter articles, web content or pages, PowerPoint presentations, memos, emails, posters and displays
– Support Marketing special events during the summer, which includes event planning, communication promotions and support on the day of the event
– Work closely with Marketing Staff to achieve success with internship
– Contributes to the success of the organization, keeping current on new developments within the MultiCare system, and by performing other duties as needed or assigned
– Pursues Excellence
– Focuses on Patients and Customer Service
– Ensures Safety
– Fosters a healthy workplace
– Inspires teamwork and commitment
– Facilitates solutions
– Maintains organizational perspective
– Builds relationships
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Knowledge, skills, & abilities
– Knowledge of and skill in the use of personal computer and related software to include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and PageMaker for Windows or Mac
– Web savvy, knowledge of current social media tools used for communication
– Skill in producing clear written communication
– Skill in assessing alternatives
– Skill in good interpersonal, oral, and written communication
– Skill in good grammar and spelling
– Ability to coordinate activities
– Ability to work efficiently under pressure
– Ability to work independently and take initiative
– Ability to willingly accept responsibility
– Ability to establish and reset priorities, using good judgment
– Ability to meet organization and departmental appearance standards on the job
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
– Studying for a Bachelors in Communication, PR, Marketing, Journalism or related field of study
– One previous internship is preferred
– College junior or senior students required
Job descriptions represent a general outline of job duties, functions, and qualifications. They are not intended to be comprehensive in nature. In addition jobs evolve over time and therefore their description may not reflect the precise nature of the position at a given point in time.
It is MultiCare’s policy to base hiring decisions solely on the individual’s ability to perform essential job functions. Persons with disabilities are eligible for this position provided they can perform those functions with reasonable accommodation.
Sr. Internal Communications Specialist
MultiCare Health System