Position: Junior Account Executive
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Title: Junior Account Executive
Location: Fisher Radio – Seattle, WA
SUMMARY OF JOB:
As a Junior Account Executive you are responsible for introducing and acquiring new customers for KPLZ and KVI as well as the various other Fisher Properties including KOMO-AM/FM, Fisher Interactive Networks and special events. The ideal candidate will have have a strong success orientation amidst the challenge of rejection while maintaining an upbeat and positive attitude. The ideal candidate should have some experience in outside sales and will have sold intangible products or services successfully. This position provides a minimum salary for 6 months to be followed by commission only thereafter.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prospect 100+ new accounts per day
- Closing 3-4 new accounts per week
- Well organized Account Management/CRM techniques.
- Preparing proposals and presentations of advertising plans that help build business.
- Addressing objections and providing solutions to prospective clients.
- Successfully complete Certified Radio Marketing Consultant (CRMC) training program
- Staying current with products and trends in the advertising and marketing industry.
- Be comfortable and adept in offering new products beyond radio including digital and social media.
- Must be able to work M-F 8a-6p as well as some weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
Fisher Values: To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following values:
1. Integrity: Demonstrates the highest standards of behavior through honesty, fairness, and trust in everything that they do. Is direct, forthcoming and does what is right. Honors commitments and is accountable for their actions.
2. Dedication to Excellence: Expects to win by giving their best effort and striving for the highest quality in everything they do. Exhibits a sense of urgency, is action-oriented, seizes opportunities and steadfastly pushes themselves and others for results. Seeks continuous improvement and displays good judgment.
3. Service to the Community: Is dedicated to making our community a better place to work and live. Displays a sense of concern and responsibility toward our coworkers, workplace and communities as a whole.
4. Respect for the Individual: Treats everyone with dignity and respect. Strives to understand others and actively listens to their concerns and perceptions. Shares information and ideas openly and honestly.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience: 1-3 years of experience required
Education: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) preferred
Be a Self Starter
Be Goal Driven
Ability to positively direct rejection
Strong written & verbal skills
Good presentation skills
Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
Ability to work under time deadlines
Accountability on a weekly basis for sales goals.
Language Skills: Ability to read, comprehend, analyze and compose business reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions expressed in written, oral or diagram form.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to remain in a static position for extended periods of time and converse with and communicate with others. The team member is occasionally required to move about, handle and/or position items. The team member must occasionally transport or move up to 15 pounds. The team member must be able to identify objects and be able to communicate in writing.
Work Environment: Typical indoor office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.