Position: Editor – PT/Temp
Location: Seattle, Washington
Title: PT Temp. Editor
Location: Seattle, WA
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Under general direction and supervision, edits video for KOMO-TV television newscasts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Edits video on server based systems for broadcast to air.
2. Logs tapes or clips on server to be edited.
3. Prepares tapes or clips on server for editing.
4. Prepares tease, master file and field tapes for recording.
5. Catalogues and files stories in computer archives.
6. Prepares film, DVD and other media for transfer to servers.
7. Works with Eng Coordinators in turning around feed stories for air.
8. Coordinates information with edit coordinator, producers and directors regarding story status.
9. Performs other related duties as required and/or assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following values:
1. Integrity: Demonstrates the highest standards of behavior through honesty, fairness, and trust in everything that they do. Is direct, forthcoming and does what is right. Honors commitments and is accountable for their actions.
2. Dedication to Excellence: Expects to win by giving their best effort and striving for the highest quality in everything they do. Exhibits a sense of urgency, is action-oriented, seizes opportunities and steadfastly pushes themselves and others for results. Seeks continuous improvement and displays good judgment.
3. Service to the Community: Is dedicated to making our community a better place to work and live. Displays a sense of concern and responsibility toward our coworkers, workplace and communities as a whole.
4. Respect for the Individual: Treats everyone with dignity and respect. Strives to understand others and actively listens to their concerns and perceptions. Shares information and ideas openly and honestly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience:1-3 years of experience required
Education:Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) preferred
Position is P/T freelance editing.
Shifts and hours will vary by week.
Candidate must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays, including Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New years Eve and New Years Day.
Working knowledge of Grass Valley and Edius and server based editing systems preferred.
Schedule flexibility, able to work weekends, nights and various shifts as needed and on short notice.
Excellent vision (with or without corrective lenses).
Ability to distinguish colors.
Excellent hearing with the ability to speak clearly.
Ability to work under pressure and without direct supervision.
Must be self-motivated.
Ability to read, comprehend, analyze and compose business reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions expressed in written, oral or diagram form.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to remain in a static position for extended periods of time and converse with and communicate with others. The team member is occasionally required to move about, handle and/or position items. The team member must occasionally transport or move up to 15 pounds. The team member must be able to identify objects and be able to communicate in writing.
Typical indoor office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.