Position: Business Development Specialist
Location: Seattle, Washington
Title: Director Digital Sales
Company: Fisher Interactive Network
Location: Seattle, WA
Director Digital Sales supports its core competencies of digital services, ROI tracking, inventory control, creative development, and media placement with proven tools and processes that strengthen the client-agency partnership. Performs work according to values of Fisher Communications with the utmost of integrity and trust in doing what is right.
(Included but not limited to)
· Hire and manage a growing team of entry-level, mid-level, and experienced sales professionals
· Work with FIN Leadership to ensure clear understanding of sales objectives and expectations
· Manage and execute strategic plan on a national, regional and local market basis
· Manage online sales in optimizing inventory, P&L and multiplatform marketing solutions
· Produce dramatic revenue growth consistent with top-down financial goals
· Develop and maintain strong client relationships
· Develop and manage incentive programs to motivate and reward strong sales performance
· Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals for each sales professional
· Conduct coaching and mentoring sessions to develop online and partner sales
· Develop and execute a multi-platform Business Development plan
· Monitor and supports FIN core competencies of digital services, ROI tracking, inventory sellout/optimization, comScore research, creative development with proven tools and processes that strengthen the client-FIN partnership that is not reliant on a eCpm business model
· Direct and maintain FIN multimedia marketing tools
· Prospect and pitch Fortune 500 accounts by building relationships with Senior HR, Marketing and Talent Acquisition professionals (CHRO/SVP/VP/DIR)
· Be a credible subject matter expert regarding trends in advertising (print, digital, social, search media, online)
· Formulate and answer request for proposals (RFPs); liaise with all Fisher marketing teams
· Work with Fisher Broadcasting team members to capitalize on their expertise for presentations and proposals
· Research new client prospects and their competitors thoroughly
· Manage pipeline; responsible for weekly/monthly reporting
· Maintain a working knowledge of current product and service offering
· Maintain expertise of industry and competitors; continually gather competitive intelligence
· Manage required weekly and monthly reporting and metrics
Experience: 7-10 years of experience required
Education:Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) required
BA/BS Degree in Communications or related field
· 5 years Internet/new media sales management experience with demonstrated effectiveness directing and supporting the sales efforts of a team
· Ability to drive measurable and sustainable results, reflected in revenue growth, cost management, lead development, pipeline management, closing rates
· Proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate a team to ambition goals and objectives
· Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
· Demonstrated knowledge of interactive media and emerging media trends
· Ability to think creatively
· Ability to exercise good business judgment while providing results-oriented solutions to potential ad vertisers
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Detail oriented
· Skillful negotiator
· Ability to drive a vehicle (with valid Washington State driver’s license)
· Ability to read and communicate clearly
Ability to read, comprehend, analyze and compose business reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Mathematical Skills:Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
Reasoning Ability:Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions expressed in written, oral or diagram form.
Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to remain in a static position for extended periods of time and converse with and communicate with others. The team member is occasionally required to move about, handle and/or position items. The team member must occasionally transport or move up to 15 pounds. The team member must be able to identify objects and be able to communicate in writing.
Work Environment:Typical indoor office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.