Social Media Producer
Fisher Interactive Network
Location: Seattle, WA
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Be part of a growing online team producing content for Fisher Communications’ network of websites and social media platforms! Manage entertainment and lifestyle across multiple digital properties.
· Help manage Life & Style section on www.komonews.com
· Manage social media sites for STAR FM and KVI AM. This includes posting links, and programming information and other audience engagement.
· Manage contests on social media sites.
· Work with on-air and promotion staff at STAR FM and KVI AM to ensure the best utilization of social media sites.
· Post advertorial content as needed.
· Ability to work autonomously and use individual judgment on stories, images, and video. Adhere to all standards set forth by KOMO News, STAR FM, and KVI AM.
· Other duties as assigned.
Fisher Values: To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following values:
1. Integrity: Demonstrates the highest standards of behavior through honesty, fairness, and trust in everything that they do. Is direct, forthcoming and does what is right. Honors commitments and is accountable for their actions.
2. Dedication to Excellence: Expects to wi n by giving their best effort and striving for the highest quality in everything they do. Exhibits a sense of urgency, is action-oriented, seizes opportunities and steadfastly pushes themselves and others for results. Seeks continuous improvement and displays good judgment.
3. Service to the Community: Is dedicated to making our community a better place to work and live. Displays a sense of concern and responsibility toward our coworkers, workplace and communities as a whole.
4. Respect for the Individual: Treats everyone with dignity and respect. Strives to understand others and actively listens to their concerns and perceptions. Shares information and ideas openly and honestly.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience: 1-3 years of experience required
Education: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) preferred
* Strong writing skills required.
* Strong social media skills required
* Basic HTML knowledge required
* Strong computer skills required
* Experience with Photoshop, advanced HTML, and digital video editing is helpful but not required.
* Must be self-directing, self-motivating and able to work will with a diverse group of people.
* Must be able to handle stress, including short deadlines.
* Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Language Skills: Ability to read, comprehend, analyze and compose business reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure. Ability to compute percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions expressed in written, oral or diagram form.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to remain in a static position for extended periods of time and converse with and communicate with others. The team member is occ asionally required to move about, handle and/or position items. The team member must occasionally transport or move up to 15 pounds. The team member must be able to identify objects and be able to communicate in writing.
Work Environment: Typical indoor office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.