Position: Multi-Media Sales Executive
Location: Seattle, Washington
KUNS TV – Univision
Multi-Media Sales Executive
Location: Seattle, WA
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Handles all aspects of sales process, from prospecting and acquiring clients, to managing spot schedules, maintaining client relationships, and overseeing collections for Univision TV station in the Seattle area. Works closely with traffic, commercial production, research and other departments as required to meet and exceed revenue goals. Reports to General Sales Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Meet and exceed individual sales goals for agency business, new business and business development.
· Market and sell station special opportunities, sports and regular programming for full value.
· Grow station and market share of business.
· Effectively manage and maintain account list.
· Utilize station resources including production, research and sales tools to maximize revenue.
· Continually prospect, qualify, and develop new business.
· Be an expert on the market, the station, the competition and the products the station provides, to be the key television resource for your clients.
· Follow the “best practices” for Multi-Media Sales Executives as outlined in the TV AE New Employee Manual.
· Resolve billing discrepancies and assist in collection efforts.
· Provide reports as required by sales managers in a timely and comprehensive manner.
· Monitor competitive media.
· Follow station/company practices/policies for all operational aspects of the sales process.
· Produce professional presentations and packages.
· Stay current with station provided research and sales tools.
· Develop strong relationships with agency and direct clients.
Fisher Values: To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following values:
1. Integrity: Demonstrates the highest standards of behavior through honesty, fairness, and trust in everything that they do. Is direct, forthcoming and does what is right. Honors commitments and is accountable for their actions.
2. Dedication to Excellence: Expects to win by giving their best effort and striving for the highest quality in everything they do. Exhibits a sense of urgency, is action-oriented, seizes opportunities and steadfastly pushes themselves and others for results. Seeks continuous improvement and displays good judgment.
3. Service to the Community: Is dedicated to making our community a better place to work and live. Displays a sense of concern and responsibility toward our coworkers, workplace and communities as a whole.
4. Respect for the Individual: Treats everyone with dignity and respect. Strives to understand others and actively listens to their concerns and perceptions. Shares information and ideas openly and honestly.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience: no experience required
Education: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) preferred
• Organizational skills required to handle a multitude of tasks and daily deadlines.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Must possess personal skills including self-motivation, and the ability to handle pressure in a constantly changing environment.
• Must be able to establish and build productive relationships, both internally and externally.
• Previous sales experience preferred.
• Spanish fluency a plus.
Language Skills: Ability to read, comprehend, analyze and compose business reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions expressed in written, oral or diagram form.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to remain in a static position for extended periods of time and converse with and communicate with others. The team member is occasionally required to move about, handle and/or position items. The team member must occasionally transport or move up to 15 pounds. The team member must be able to identify objects and be able to communicate in writing.
Work Environment: Typical indoor office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.