Internship Position Available:
Strategic Communications Internship for a small food systems consulting firm operating in Seattle’s International District. We are a small consulting firm focusing on community development through food. We work with local governments on food policy and food planning issues, and provide technical assistance to community food projects.
Seeking an excellent writer, researcher and social media guru to help re-work our website and assist with developing and implementing a communications/marketing strategy. We need a pro-active individual with critical thinking skills and an ability to express complex concepts in clear, captivating language.
This internship is unpaid, but offers great opportunities to build a portfolio of projects and to participate in guiding our strategic direction. Flexible hours, asking for a commitment of 5-10 hours a week, January – June. Willing to accommodate a school schedule and negotiate internship credits and/or work-study.
Some anticipated duties would include:
- Re-designing the website to include more interactive features and create a strong market presence;
- Develop template for e-newsletter;
- Populate contact database for electronic communications;
- Integrate website with Facebook and Twitter accounts;
- Assist with communication and marketing strategies for increasing client base.
- Research on select topics and provide content for website and Facebook accounts.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications due by December 16th. No phone calls please.