Plus One Foundation 3213 W. Wheeler St. #372 • 206-285-0628 • PlusOneFoundation.org
INTERNSHIP POSITIONS AVAILABLE – Public Relations Assistant / Community Workshop Assistant / Special Events Assistant / Community Outreach Assistant
Organization’s Mission: Plus One Foundation assists children and adults with a neurological injury, disorder, or disease to achieve goals, expand opportunities and ‘feed the soul’ through activities that offer education, rehabilitation and training.
Summary of Duties: To assist our non-profit with advertising, marketing and publicity.
Location: Plus One Foundation – we do not have a formal office space but we meet at local businesses
Supervisors: Alex Strazzanti, MSW and Kacey Jeniene Kroeger, CNP – Co-Founders / Co-Presidents
Hours: TBD – approx. 10-20 hrs. per week (flexible schedule), 1-3 quarters and/or Summer Quarter
Duties: The Internship Position may consist of performing the following tasks independently and/or in assistance with the Co-Presidents.
Public Relations Assistant:
- Develop and execute social media plan, creative announcements and campaigns
- Maintain customer database
- Create quarterly e-newsletter via Constant Contact
- Read and review pertinent articles on neurological disorders to link to FB and Website
Community Workshop Assistant:
- Develop and implement creative workshops for our clients (art, music therapy, cooking classes, etc.)
- Develop and execute a recruitment and registration plan
Special Events Assistant:
- Coordinate special events and fundraising activities (we have 4 major events per year)
- Work with Special Event Chairs and volunteers
Community Outreach Assistant:
- Communicate and schedule meetings with local non-profit organizations who serve people with neurological disorders to inform them of Plus One and disseminate information about our grants
- Communicate and schedule meetings with local service providers and assist them with applications so we can match grant recipients with appropriate services
- Opportunities for ownership of projects and experience in marketing, advertising, public relations
- A supportive and encouraging learning environment
- Access to learn about non-profit structure and work directly with the Co-Founders / Co-Presidents
- Helpful supervision with the freedom to work independently
- Opportunities to make a significant impact on the growth of an emerging non-profit organization
- Opportunities to significantly impact the lives of children and adults with neurological disorders
The period of times for the internship hours and total duration are flexible. We are interested in working with eager individuals who enjoy working both as a team and independently. We are looking for someone who is passionate about public relations and social services and who is outgoing, eager to learn, and can bring a fresh perspective on the event planning and advertising aspects of a non-profit organization. Background preferred in any of the following: Public Relations/Communications/Non-Profit Management/Volunteer Management
Individuals interested in this position can e-mail a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We will call to schedule interviews in January 2012. Please no phone calls. We encourage students to visit PlusOneFoundation.org to find out more about our unique non-profit organization.