Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=am11cnBoeS41NDYyMC4zNjMxQGZpc2hlcmNvbW11bmljYXRpb25zaW5jLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
Location: Bakersfield, California
SUMMARY OF JOB: Produces and executes on-air broadcasting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Field reporting daily resulting in a package and two (2) vosot stories presented in the newscast and online
- videotaping footage with a tripod for use in stories
- editing footage for use in stories
- composing news stories that gain approval by News Director or Assistant News Director
- accurately posting all stories and video online and without errors
- Plan and research future stories for use in daily coverage or during sweeps months and cover an assigned beat (nightside)
- Attend daily editorial meeting prepared with three (3) story ideas that may be used in the current day’s newscast
- Participate in frequent public appearances and community events
Competencies – To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Excellent interpersonal skills: develops and maintains open and trusting working relationships with people at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent judgment in prioritizing multiple stories and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and must be flexible to multi-task, shift focus, and re-prioritize as the situation dictates.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and have d emonstrated ability to use sound judgment and to make independent decisions
- Excellent written communication skills
· Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience: 1-3 years of experience required
Education: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) required
Language Skills: Ability to read, comprehend, analyze and compose business reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure. Ability to compute percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions expressed in written, oral or diagram form.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to remain in a static position for extended periods of time and converse with and communicate with others. This position requires frequent moving about, and handling or positioning items. The team member must occasionally position himself/herself in small or unusual spaces. In addition the team member must be able to transport or move up to 50 pounds. The team member must be able to identify objects and be able to communicate in writing.
Work Environment: Team member must be prepared to work outdoors. Occasionally will be asked to work in high, precarious places and work with and near moving mechanical parts. Occasionally may be subjected to loud noise.