TITLE: Public Relations Intern GRADE: NA
General Position Description:
The Brooks Public Relations team is looking for an energetic, knowledgable PR intern to help with a variety of programs across the department related to media and charitable giving. Responsibilities will include blogger and influencer evaluation and seeding, media coverage tracking and reporting, press release distribution, event support, media list management and more.
- Evaluate all incoming blogger product requests, provide recommendations on those who meet criteria and fulfil approved orders.
- Assist with fulfilling media and influencer product requests and placing seasonal sample orders with footwear and apparel teams.
- Maintain key trade and consumer media contact lists.
- Coordinate with social media team on sharing key media coverage via social media channels.
- Support all aspects of the Run B’cause charitable giving program including; coordinating volunteer opportunities, reviewing award applications, communicating with recipients and organizing and sending product donations.
- Coordinate Inspiring Coaches application collection and evaluation.
- Drive media coverage tracking and update of Brooks internal media hits site.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in communications and PR preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work both independently and collaborate with colleagues across the marketing organization, most specifically the Event and Social Media Coordinators
- Temporary 3-month assignment, working up to 25 hours per week (flexible schedule).
Reports to: PR Manager
Position Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt