I’m writing Seattle University to let you know about a summer internship offered through the Portland Advertising Federation called COLABORATORY. This summer will mark the fifth year of the program for college level juniors and seniors enrolled in interactive and graphic design, advertising, marketing, public relations, or related degree programs. We are currently seeking applications from creative and driven students seeking experience working on a team and with two different advertising agencies over 6 weeks in Portland, Oregon. My company, Grady Britton, is a participating agency and I’m working to get information about the program in front of as many students as I can. I am sending you this information in hopes that you will forward it to those students whom you would consider a fit for this experience. I am happy to answer any questions you have about the program. Thanks in advance for passing the word along.
COLABORATORY is an internship program sponsored by the Portland Advertising Federation and ten Portland agencies. Ten college juniors and seniors will be selected from a national pool of applicants, winning the opportunity to participate in a solid and thrilling real-life agency experience this summer, June 22nd – August 8th. This will be a dynamic, intense, team-oriented program with a focus on work and fun, Portland-style!
APPLICATION PERIOD ENDS APRIL 16, 2012 at http://www.pafcolaboratory.com/ Those accepted into the program will be notified by May 8, 2012
INTERNSHIP PERIOD RUNS JUNE 22 – AUGUST 8, 2012
• Ten students will be chosen after an extensive application process
• Each student will spend three weeks in two different agencies; internship is six and a half weeks in duration
• Two teams of five will compete to develop a campaign pitch for a real client
• Students with interests in writing, design, interactive, multimedia, production, strategy and account planning, public relations, and account management are encouraged to apply
• Housing is NOT provided See housing information on website for suggestions
• You will be compensated 37.5 hr week @ Oregon min. wage
• College level junior or senior
• Bring your own laptop
• Minimum 2.0 gpa
• You cannot hold a job during the internship
Application materials are available now at http://www.pafcolaboratory.com/
COLAB Recruitment Committee, 2012