Position Title: Marketing and Public Relations Intern (unpaid)
Dept: Fund Development
Reports to: Cami Keyes, Marketing and Communications Manager
Position Supervises: None
About YES: Located on the Eastside, YES is a nonprofit organization and a leading provider of youth counseling and substance abuse treatment in the region. Since 1968, YES has been a lifeline for kids and families, offering treatment and prevention services to help youth become healthy, confident and self-reliant and families to become strong, supportive and loving. While YES accepts insurance, Medicaid, and offers a sliding scale, no one is turned away for inability to pay. For more information, visit www.YouthEastsideServices.org.
Job Summary: Responsible for providing marketing and public relations support and assistance as needed for all media activities, communications, events and other marketing activities. This is an excellent opportunity to gain some real experience working in fund development, marketing and public relations. Intern will help with writing newsletters, press releases, columns and more.
- Assist with media release development.
- Assist with maintenance of media list.
- Assist with print and e-newsletter planning, writing and layout.
- Assist with brochure development.
- Assist with coordination as needed for YES events.
- Assist with updating and tracking for marketing plan.
- Help prepare and produce other fund development and marketing/communication mailings including gift appeals, letters and other pieces as required.
- Assist with maintenance of community contact lists involving schools and government.
- Assist in maintenance of YES website and other internet/social media sites.
- Junior or Senior level studies in communications, public relations, journalism or other related field at an accredited university.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word. Knowledge of Excel, Outlook and Publisher helpful.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Eye for detail.
- Interest in working in non-profit, mental health/substance abuse, and/or in youth-centered environment.
- Ability to manage deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively and establish effective relationships with fellow YES staff members.
- Flexible schedule, minimum of 4 hours/week, prefer 8 – 12. For summer and into fall if intern so desires and performs well.
- Youth Eastside Services in Bellevue at Crossroads Park.
- Send resume, cover letter and 2 writing samples to Cami Keyes, Marketing and Communication Manager, Youth Eastside Services, 999 164th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98008 or Camik@youtheastsideservices.org. For more information call 425.586.2322.