Social Media & Marketing Intern
Are you social media savvy? An avid social Tumblr? Know your way around Pinterest? Networked on LinkedIn? Want to package a social media plan, from the ground up? Interested in learning how a national non-profit operates? If you answered yes to most or all of these questions, Restore America’s Estuaries (RAE) www.estuaries.org could have a place for you this summer, as an intern in our west coast office in Seattle.
We are looking for a highly dedicated and energetic individual who will help us to initiate and design our social media and marketing plan, along with content. RAE’s social media plan will help to lay out how we approach and integrate our on-line communications moving forward, in a more cohesive and integrated fashion. Ultimately, our social media and marketing will better promote the great work we do nationally, as well as share about the important projects our eleven alliance members oversee regionally.
The social media & marketing intern will play a major role in RAE’s social media outreach and marketing strategy. Duties specifically include:
- Writing new content to be integrated into RAE’s Facebook and Twitter profiles.
- Create additional organizational profiles for new social media (e.g. Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr), and other accounts to promote the RAE’s programs.
- RSS building to track RAE’s presence on social media outlets.
- Assist in blogging about RAE’s programs to generate further interest in programs (e.g. National Conference, Climate work, and Community-based Restoration Program, among others).
- Interacting with communication/social media staff and interns within our eleven alliance members nationally, and other interested parties who contact us through our social media outlets.
- Researching and reporting on new social media trends and services.
- Finding and cultivating social media contacts to spread the word about Club activities past, present, and future.
- Researching target markets in order to promote programs.
- Working towards a four year degree in communications, or similar field.
- Demonstrated proficiency in social media.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent writing skills.
Approximately 20 hours per week. The intern should be willing to Twitter/Facebook on RAE and conservation-focused themes, multiple times a day. The position lasts approximately four to five months (May – Sept), after which time there may be an opportunity for renewal.
Exposure to regional, national, and international conservation issues and leaders. Great networking opportunities and job skills development. Opportunity to attend some of our local alliance member’s (People for Puget Sound) events free of charge. A supportive, flexible work environment with opportunities to develop professional skills and make a positive impact.
About Restore America’s Estuaries
Restore America’s Estuaries is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established in 1995 as an alliance of eleven community-based conservation organizations working to protect and restore the vital habitats of our nation’s estuaries. We are dedicated to working closely with community, private, and governmental organizations to preserve the extraordinary heritage of our nation’s estuaries. Our mission is to preserve the nation’s network of estuaries by protecting and restoring the lands and waters essential to the richness and diversity of coastal life.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter, resume, and three examples of your social media work (blogs, reports, articles, etc.). Send your e-mail with Word or PDF attachments to email@example.com . Please put “RAE Social Media Marketing Intern” as the subject header. We will contact you only if you have been selected for a phone interview. Please do not contact the employer directly by phone. For more information please visit: https://www.estuaries.org/jobs-at-rae/
Senior Director of Development and Marketing
206-624-9100 | 206-624-7781 (fax)
5314 – 17th Avenue NW, Suite A
Seattle, WA 98107