SUMMARY OF JOB:
Contribute content to a live, daily newscast that follows a viewer advocacy style and brand. Acts as a team player to contribute to an atmosphere that fosters a winning attitude and performs work according to the values of Fisher Communications with the utmost of integrity and trust in doing what is right.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Field reporting daily resulting in a package and two (2) vosot stories presented in the newscast and online
- videotaping footage with a tripod for use in stories
- editing footage for use in stories
- composing news stories that gain approval by News Director or Assistant News Director
- accurately posting all stories and video online and without errors
- frequent posting to social media including a minimum of two posts daily
- Plan and research future stories for use in daily coverage or during sweeps months and cover an assigned beat
- Attend daily editorial meeting prepared with three (3) story ideas that may be used in the current day’s newscast
- Participate in frequent public appearances and community events
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following values:
1. Integrity: Demonstrates the highest standards of behavior through honesty, fairness, and trust in everything that they do. Is direct, forthcoming and does what is right. Honors commitments and is accountable for their actions.
2. Dedication to Excellence: Expects to win by giving their best effort and striving for the highest quality in everything they do. Exhibits a sense of urgency, is action-oriented, seizes opportunities and steadfastly pushes themselves and others for results. Seeks continuous improvement and displays good judgment.
3. Service to the Community: Is dedicated to making our community a better place to work and live. Displays a sense of concern and responsibility toward our coworkers, workplace and communities as a whole.
4. Respect for the Individual: Treats everyone with dignity and respect. Strives to understand o thers and actively listens to their concerns and perceptions. Shares information and ideas openly and honestly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
no experience required
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) preferred