SUMMARY OF JOB:
The Systems Engineer’s role is to provide technical leadership to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the company’s information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all hardware, operating systems and applications. The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. The Engineer will be responsible for design, implementation and operations of a scalable and reliable infrastructure. Strong project management and communication skills are requird. We are looking for a person that is positive, a self-starter, as well as a team player.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Act as interface with business clients regarding new and enhanced functional requirements to ensure that specifications meet business requirements; and formulate business requirements into IT technical requirements, design and execution plans.
- Test, monitor, implement, and administer corporate and industry application installations, creating and conforming to corporate standards.
- Ensure that solutions delivered adhere to the business and operational requirements.
- Vendor Management to ensure that technical requirements and standards are achieved.
- Implement and administer the IT infrastructure, including MS Windows Server and Desktop Architecture, FTP, TCP/IP networking, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SMTP and MS Exchange, Anti-virus and Spam systems, Terminal Server , SQL Databases, and VMware.
- Provide support for Network Infrastructure, including switches, routers, firewalls, and other related network systems. Have fluency in Cisco IOS, manage upgrades, and support high availability WAN environments.
- Establish and monitor infrastructure for disaster recovery processes, including configuration and maintenance of backup system.
- Implement and Manage SAN Systems, installations, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Perform hardening and security audits and practices across systems and networks.
- Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
- Work closely with other the IT team to collaborate and coordinate activities during system installations and upgrades.
- Write, test and maintain scripts / experience in Windows scripting, Perl, VBScript, or other comparable language.
- Respond to all related support calls, troubleshoot and implement solutions.
- Optimize and automate recurring operational tasks and activities across the IT team.
- Participate in compliance and security for all processes, procedures, and standards applicable to the position, including Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Participate in annual capital and operating budgeting process.
- Participate in ITIL methodology, including change, incident, problem, and configuration management.
- Participate in on-call rotation duty to support systems during potential after hour events.
- Other duties may be assigned.
7-10 years of experience required
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) preferred
• Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards.
• At least 10 years experience with multi-site Active Directory, Exchange, and Windows Administration, and solid understanding of the Microsoft technology stack.
• Experience with Linux and open-source tools.
• Solid experience and background in virtualization and VMware technologies.
• Prior experience and ability to administer services in a 24×7 operations environment.