Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWJ1cmNoYW0uMzIzNzkuMzYzMUBmaXNoZXJjb21tdW5pY2F0aW9uc2luYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Position: Total Rewards Manager
Location: New York, USA
Industry: Human Resources and Personnel
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Fisher Communications, Inc. is seeking a dynamic and experienced Total Rewards Manager for our multi-state, broadcast media company. The Total Rewards Manager is responsible for providing strategic and tactical direction on enterprise-wide compensation, benefits and wellness programs and HRIS systems. The ideal prospect will be a self-starter, detail-oriented, and have a consensus building management style. This position will report to the Vice President of Human Resources and has 2 direct reports. An undergraduate degree is required; an advanced degree in business administration or human resources and PHR/SPHR/CCP/CEBS certification is strongly preferred. Please see the attached job description for additional information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs and analyzes periodic compensation studies or surveys.
- Develop and maintain compensation programs, salary grading, compensation market competitiveness, and incentive plan development.
- Supports VP, Human Resources with all executive compensation matters including compensation committee work.
- Work with Finance Department to develop compensation and benefit budgets
- Analyze, select, implement, maintain, and administer incentive and bonus programs.
- Review and advise on commission pay plan structures for sales staff.
- Utilizes established metrics to quantify HRD value to the organization.
- Responsible for the negotiation and vendor management of Fisher’s benefit programs, including healthcare, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401 (k), and wellness plans.
- Provides thorough and regular team member communications to ensure that team members understand the benefit plans and take full advantage of them to maximize benefits.
- Displays a sense of urgency in responding to team member questions about the benefits.
- Manage 401(k) Benefits Committee, ensuring company meets all Fiduciary requirements. Coordinate and execute 5500 maintenance and submission.
- Manage HRIS Analyst and HR Data Coordinator
- Responsible for oversight of HR Systems, including Ceridian, Self Service, Cybershift, OrgPlus, Taleo, Sharepoint.
- Evaluate and implement new HRIS systems.
- Provide meaningful reporting to executive team, including FTE analysis, quarterly HR Trend Report, and ad-hoc reporting.
- Point of contact for SOX controls pertaining to HR.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for oversight and supervision of the following departments or position(s):
HRIS System Specialist
HRIS Data Coordinator
Fisher Values: To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following values:
1. Integrity: Demonstrates the highest standards of behavior through honesty, fairness, and trust in everything that they do. Is direct, forthcoming and does what is right. Honors commitments and is accountable for their actions.
2. Dedication to Excellence: Expects to win by giving their best effort and striving for the highest quality in everything they do. Exhibits a sense of urgency, is action-oriented, seizes opportunities and steadfastly pushes themselves and others for results. Seeks continuous improvement and displays good judgment.
3. Service to the Community: Is dedicated to making our community a better place to work and live. Displays a sense of concern and responsibility toward our coworkers, workplace and communities as a whole.
4. Respect for the Individual: Treats everyone with dignity and respect. Strives to understand others and actively listens to their concerns and perceptions. Shares information and ideas openly and honestly.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience: 5-7 years of experience required
Education: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) required
Other Qualifications: • 5-7 years experience in compensation & benefits with increasing responsibilities.
• Demonstrated organizational skills & ability to prioritize multiple projects.
• Must be flexible to multi-task, shift focus, and re-prioritize as the situation dictates.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment and to make independent decisions.
• Proficient qualitative and quantitative methods for analysis and interpretation.
Managerial Standards: To perform the job successfully, a person who manages people must demonstrate skill in the following:
1. Managing People: Develops direct reports by encouraging development and training and providing regular constructive and corrective feedback; treats direct reports equally; cares for direct reports and is available to them; is able to confront problem team members; is empathetic to others.
2. Managing Resources: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks; knows how to effectively handle and arrange resources (people, funds, materials, etc.) to get things done; prioritizes work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
3. Managing Processes: Understands or learns the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to organize tasks into an efficient work flow.
4. Managing Results: Is extraordinarily committed to results; doggedly pushes others and themselves for results; is bottom-line oriented; is tactical; conserves organizational resources; develops and implements cost saving measures.
Language Skills: Ability to read, comprehend and analyze complex instructions, business periodicals, professional journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to effectively present information to top management and/or our board of directors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to remain in a static position for extended periods of time and converse with and communicate with others. The team member is occasionally required to move about, handle and/or position items. The team member must occasionally transport or move up to 15 pounds. The team member must be able to identify objects and be able to communicate in writing.
Work Environment: Typical indoor office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.