Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWJ1cmNoYW0uMjU5ODguMzYzMUBmaXNoZXJjb21tdW5pY2F0aW9uc2luYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Position: Accountant – Senior
Location: Portland, Oregon
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Is responsible for providing financial and managerial accounting for the Shared Services group in Portland.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Weekly-preparation of pacing reporting for the business unit along with updated forecasting and bridge reporting
- Month end processing-includes preparing month end journal entries, working with department heads at the stations for review of the montly P and L; preparation of the final P and L for the station, reconcilationof all accounts and variance reporting.
- Working with internal and external audit teams as necessary
- Management of Staff Accountants- this includes work load and training as necessary
- Reviewing Accounts receivable with stations on a monthly basis.
- Assisting stations in the annual budget process
- Other duties that may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
3-5 years of experience required
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) required
Highly Organized-with accuracy to detail a must.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret results
Ability to write clear and concise reports, business correspondence
Proficient in use of financial system such as PeopleSoft and other Office products
Excellent Judgment in prioritizing, managing projects and deadlines
Managing People, Resources, Processes and Results
Ability to read, comprehend, analyze and compose business reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions expressed in written, oral or diagram form.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to remain in a static position for extended periods of time and converse with and communicate with others. The team member is occasionally required to move about, handle and/or position items. The team member must occasionally transport or move up to 15 pounds. The team member must be able to identify objects and be able to communicate in writing.
Typical indoor office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.