Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWJ1cmNoYW0uMDQyODUuMzYzMUBmaXNoZXJjb21tdW5pY2F0aW9uc2luYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Position: Communications Manager
Location: Seattle, Washington
Fisher Communications, Inc. is currently searching for a Communications Manager to be responsible for the development and tactical implementation of its corporate communications plan. The Communications Manager will be relied upon to handle the development, shaping, implementation, tracking, and reporting of the company-wide and station-level communications and public relations initiatives, including the company’s quarterly financial reporting and development of internal (employee) and external company communications. As Communications Manager you will also direct media communications to promote, establish, and maintain a cohesive and consistent message in the marketplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Responsibility for the development and implementation of corporate communications strategy and plan.
- Work collaboratively with corporate executives and business team members on best way to communicate major corporate news, quarterly financial results, initiatives, and developments.
- Manage the development, distribution, consistency and maintenance of all print and electronic communications including, but not limited to, press releases, corporate website and social media postings, and quarterly financial-related disclosures.
- Coaching and support of senior leaders as spokespersons for the Company.
- Coordination of webpage maintenance to ensure that new and routine information (article links, press releases, and events) is posted regularly.
- Develop and manage media contacts and establish processes including standardized media communications, follow-up, monitoring and reporting.
- Work with executive team and external communications firm on periodic events, including stock analyst calls, shareholder meetings, and external speaking engagements.
- Develop and implement internal employee communications programs and manage Company intranet.
- Direct and develop communications to ensure consistency throughout all internal and external communications.
Position Competencies – To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following position competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- The ability to understand and communicate corporate financial reports and key financial metrics.
- Excellent judgment, high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Computer skills including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
3-5 years of experience required
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) preferred
• Experience in working with senior level management to present and communicate corporate strategies, initiatives and developments, and resolve problems.
• Working knowledge of all corporate communications disciplines, including quarterly financial disclosures.
• Ability to develop and execute a strategic corporate communications plan coordinating with individuals and departments across the company.