Department: Marketing and Communications
Responsibilities: Assist the Marketing and Communications Department with several writing and promotional projects over the summer.
In preparation for the large volume of press and media attention we anticipate receiving in advance of MOHAI’s move to its new home at Lake Union Park, the primary project for this internship will be to write content and organize photos for an all-encompassing media kit. Information from all the major departments at MOHAI has been collected. The intern will be asked to compile and condense this information—supplementing when necessary—into concise, well-written, and engaging one-sheets for each department, which will be included in the final media kit. In addition, the intern will write and edit other pieces as needed, track media hits, maintain records of MOHAI’s media clippings, assist with administrative and research projects, including mailings and market research, and update the department calendar.
Minimum time commitment: 10 hours per week, June – September 2012
Days of week: Schedule is flexible between 9 A.M. and 5 P.M., Monday – Friday
Desired qualifications: B.A. (or working towards) in Communications, Marketing or English preferred.
- Ability to work 10 hours per week, between the hours of 9 A.M. and 5 P.M., Monday – Friday.
- Strong reading comprehension, writing, and editing skills, demonstrated through submitted writing samples.
- Strong inter-personal and organizational skills.
- Must be self-motivated, energetic, and enjoy working in a collaborative atmosphere.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Educational enrichment and knowledge gained about writing for media and nonprofit marketing.
- Opportunity to meet and work with museum professionals from many departments, fellow interns and volunteers.
- Opportunity to contribute work to a major, high-profile capital campaign and rejuvenation project.
- Opportunity to build and improve writing and editing skills for a variety of different pieces.
- Fulfillment of internship requirements and school credit.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and writing samples to email@example.com. Deadline for applications: June 4, 2012.