Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWJ1cmNoYW0uMDE4MjguMzYzMUBmaXNoZXJjb21tdW5pY2F0aW9uc2luYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Position: Weather Anchor/Feature Reporter
Location: Pasco, Washington
This will be the “funnest” job you ever have. Fisher Broadcasting is seeking a talented, energetic and enthusiastic weather anchor and feature reporter. When the circus is in town, you’ll ride the elephants. When the air show is flying overhead, you’re the one in the plane. And when a new cupcake shop opens, you’re doing a taste-test. You need to be quick on your feet, and work independently to schedule your own stories and generate ideas when times are slow. On the weekends, you are an engaging weather anchor who can be depended on when severe weather comes to town.
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Delivers weather forecasts in a live, daily newscast and contributes to morning newscast content through daily feature reports on the air and online. Acts as a team player to contribute to an atmosphere that fosters a winning attitude and performs work according to the values of Fisher Communications with the utmost of integrity and trust in doing what is right.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is responsible for live and taped field reporting resulting in segments or stories presented in the newscast and online
- videotape footage with a tripod for use in segments stories
- edit footage for use in segments or stories
- compose coverage of events which gain approval by News Director or Assistant News Director
- accurately posts stories online with video for each shift
- Plans and researches future stories for use in morning show and evening newscast
- Professionally anchor weathercast by delivering forecasts that are clear, concise and forecast-focused for viewers, while providing appropriate unscripted content
- Communicate with news producer about changing weather conditions and the need for a live report, including updating conditions on our websites, Twitter and Facebook
- Record weather reports for radio and graphics for sister stations
- Participates in frequent public appearances and community events
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1-3 years of experience required
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) preferred
Ability to read, comprehend, analyze and compose business reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to remain in a static position for extended periods of time and converse with and communicate with others. The team member is occasionally required to move about, handle and/or position items. The team member must occasionally transport or move up to 15 pounds. The team member must be able to identify objects and be able to communicate in writing.
Team member must be prepared to work outdoors. Occasionally will be asked to work in high, precarious places and work with and near moving mechanical parts. Occasionally may be subjected to loud noise.