Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWJ1cmNoYW0uOTA4NTMuMzYzMUBmaXNoZXJjb21tdW5pY2F0aW9uc2luYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Position: Truck Operator
Location: Portland, Oregon
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Is responsible for providing support to ensure a successful broadcast product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
KATU, the ABC affiliate in Portland, Oregon seeks a part-time, ENG/SNG live truck operator to join our morning news team. Individual is also required to set up equipment including, but not limited to, cameras, cables, IFBs, monitors, lights and any other equipment required for the production of a live or taped event. Individual is responsible for the safe operation of the vehicle. Other duties include, but are not limited to, the proper storage and maintenance of all equipment associated with live truck operation. This position is scheduled for 32 hours per week. It includes benefits, and requires union membership.
- One year of ENG and SNG truck operation experience required.
- Degree in engineering, communications or broadcasting preferred.
- Knowledge of Portland area preferred.
- Must have the ability to read a map and find difficult locations.
- Must be able to lift over 40 pounds.
- Valid drivers license required.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including nights, mornings, weekends and extended hours.
- Must be able to work under the pressure of daily deadlines.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision.
- Environmental hazards may exist when covering a story including, but not limited to, exposure to dirt, noise, heat, cold, extreme weather variations, machinery and physical hazards.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
no experience required
High school diploma or GED equivalency required
Ability to read, comprehend and compose common instructions, business correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other Fisher team members.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure. Ability to compute percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions expressed in written, oral or diagram form.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to remain in a static position for extended periods of time and converse with and communicate with others. This position requires frequent moving about, and handling or positioning items. The team member must occasionally position himself/herself in small or unusual spaces. In addition the team member must be able to transport or move up to 50 pounds. The team member must be able to identify objects and be able to communicate in writing.
Team member must be prepared to work outdoors. Occasionally will be asked to work in high, precarious places and work with and near moving mechanical parts. Occasionally may be subjected to loud noise.
Fisher Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer