Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWJ1cmNoYW0uNTUwODEuMzYzMUBmaXNoZXJjb21tdW5pY2F0aW9uc2luYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Position: Weekend Anchor/Reporter
Location: Seattle, Washington
SUMMARY OF JOB:
KOMO-TV is looking for a dynamic anchor/reporter to join our newsroom. Candidate will anchor the weekend evening newscasts and report three days per week. Candidate MUST have at least 5 years experience as a reporter in a medium or top market. Please do not apply if you don’t have the experience. We are looking for a newsroom leader who is comfortable and confident on the anchor desk. Candidate must also have very strong reporting and storytelling skills. We expect our anchor/reporters to come to the table with story ideas and to contribute to our editorial meetings. We are looking for a JOURNALIST who will cultivate sources and develop contacts. Experience with investigative journalism is a HUGE plus. Candidate must also have the ability to do creative, energetic live shots and stand ups. Must be good in breaking news situations both on the desk and in the field. Candidate must also be well versed in social media and prepared to contribute to our network of websi tes. We are looking for someone with a high work ethic and a great attitude.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Anchor weekend evening newscasts
- Report three days/nights per week.
- Contribute story ideas daily
- Develop sources
- Contribute content to station web sites and social media outlets.
- Be a team player and jump in when needed.
Other duties may be assigned.
- B.A. in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred.
- MINIMUM 5 years experience as broadcast reporter/anchor.
- Well-rounded knowledge of current events and world happenings.
- Excellent news writing and production skills.
- Must be inquisitive, innovative, energetic, flexible and open to new ideas and new ways of doing things.
Fisher Values: To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following values:
1. Integrity: Demonstrates the highest standards of behavior through honesty, fairness, and trust in everything that they do. Is direct, forthcoming and does what is right. Honors commitments and is accountable for their actions.
2. Dedication to Excellence: Expects to win by giving their best effort and striving for the highest quality in everything they do. Exhibits a sense of urgency, is action-oriented, seizes opportunities and steadfastly pushes themselves and others for results. Seeks continuous improvement and displays good judgment.
3. Service to the Community: Is dedicated to making our community a better place to work and live. Displays a sense of concern and responsibility toward our coworkers, workplace and communities as a whole.
4. Respect for the Individual: Treats everyone with dignity and respect. Strives to understand others and actively listens to their concerns and perceptions. Shares information and ideas openly and honestly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
5-7 years of experience required
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) preferred
Ability to read, comprehend, analyze and compose business reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure. Ability to compute percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to remain in a static position for extended periods of time and converse with and communicate with others. The team member is occasionally required to move about, handle and/or position items. The team member must occasionally transport or move up to 15 pounds. The team member must be able to identify objects and be able to communicate in writing.
Typical indoor office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Fisher Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer