Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWJ1cmNoYW0uMDUwMDkuMzYzMUBmaXNoZXJjb21tdW5pY2F0aW9uc2luYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Position: News Director
Location: Boise, Idaho
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Is responsible for directing or managing people and/or processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Train and manage a newsroom of talented multiplatform journalists
- ·Focus on growing news ratings and develop shows
- ·Develop and execute sweeps plans on both an established CBS and growing CW affiliations
- ·Assist in driving the strategic direction of our stations.
- ·Maintain a newsroom budget and monthly reports as needed
- ·Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Responsible for oversight and supervision of the following departments or position(s):
- Chief Photographer
- Managng Editor
- Assignment Editors
Fisher Values: To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following values:
1. Integrity: Demonstrates the highest standards of behavior through honesty, fairness, and trust in everything that they do. Is direct, forthcoming and does what is right. Honors commitments and is accountable for their actions.
2. Dedication to Excellence: Expects to win by giving their best effort and striving for the highest quality in everything they do. Exhibits a sense of urgency, is action-oriented, seizes opportunities and steadfastly pushes themselves and others for results. Seeks continuous improvement and displays good judgment.
3. Service to the Community: Is dedicated to making our community a better place to work and live. Displays a sense of concern and responsibility toward our coworkers, workplace and communities as a whole.
4. Respect for the Individual: Treats everyone with dignity and respect. Strives to understand others and actively listens to their concerns and perceptions. Shares information and ideas openly and honestly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
5-7 years of experience required
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) required
To perform the job successfully, a person who manages people must demonstrate skill in the following:
1. Managing People: Develops direct reports by encouraging development and training and providing regular constructive and corrective feedback; treats direct reports equally; cares for direct reports and is available to them; is able to confront problem team members; is empathetic to others.
2. Managing Resources: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks; knows how to effectively handle and arrange resources (people, funds, materials, etc.) to get things done; prioritizes work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
3. Managing Processes: Understands or learns the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to organize tasks into an efficient work flow.
4. Managing Results: Is extraordinarily committ ed to results; doggedly pushes others and themselves for results; is bottom-line oriented; is tactical; conserves organizational resources; develops and implements cost saving measures.
Ability to read, comprehend and analyze complex instructions, business periodicals, professional journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to effectively present information to top management and/or our board of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to remain in a static position for extended periods of time and converse with and communicate with others. The team member is occasionally required to move about, handle and/or position items. The team member must occasionally transport or move up to 15 pounds. The team member must be able to identify objects and be able to communicate in writing.
Typical indoor office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Fisher Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer