Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWJ1cmNoYW0uMTk4MDUuMzYzMUBmaXNoZXJjb21tdW5pY2F0aW9uc2luYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Position: Weathercaster – Senior
Location: Eugene, Oregon
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Produces and executes on-air broadcasting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Take complicated weather data and transform into information that average viewer can understand and use.
· Integrate new technology into forecasts, produce a contemporary weathercast.
· Lead weather team — including formatting weathercasts, teaching, scheduling etc.
· Produce weather content for the KVAL website, facebook and other social media.
· Anchor/Report from live locations when it makes the weather story more compelling.
· Other duties may be assigned.
Fisher Values: To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following values:
1. Integrity: Demonstrates the highest standards of behavior through honesty, fairness, and trust in everything that they do. Is direct, forthcoming and does what is right. Honors commitments and is accountable for their actions.
2. Dedication to Excellence: Expects to win by giving their best effort and striving for the highest quality in everything they do. Exhibits a sense of urgency, is action-oriented, seizes opportunities and steadfastly pushes themselves and others for results. Seeks continuous improvement and displays good judgment.
3. Service to the Community: Is dedicated to making our community a better place to work and live. Displays a sense of concern and responsibility toward our coworkers, workplace and communities as a whole.
4. Respect for the Individual: Treats everyone with dignity and respect. Strives to understand others and actively listens to their concerns and perceptions. Shares information and ideas openly and honestly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1-3 years of experience required
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) required
Meteorology degree preferred
Ability to read, comprehend, analyze and compose business reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to remain in a static position for extended periods of time and converse with and communicate with others. The team member is occasionally required to move about, handle and/or position items. The team member must occasionally transport or move up to 15 pounds. The team member must be able to identify objects and be able to communicate in writing.
Team member must be prepared to work outdoors. Occasionally will be asked to work in high, precarious places and work with and near moving mechanical parts. Occasionally may be subjected to loud noise.
Fisher Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer