Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWJ1cmNoYW0uNzg2NjYuMzYzMUBmaXNoZXJjb21tdW5pY2F0aW9uc2luYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Location: Seattle, Washington
This job opening is a News photographer with a good eye, a great attitude and sound news judgment.
Your creative visual storytelling must reflect an ability to capture excellent video and audio. We need a Photojournalist who can wear many hats. The potential candidate will be a team player, flexible with scheduling and show great initiative. You must be able to gather news, shoot video and edit your stories with or without a reporter. Knowledge of local and national news is a plus.
You must have experience driving and operating television news microwave vans.
The successful candidate for this position must have at least three years working in a professional television newsroom. Candidates must also have a valid driver’s license and an excellent (clean)driving record.
Our news staff prides itself on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability and winning. If you have the skills… then this is the position for you.
Operates videotape or solid state media cameras and related equipment; shoots, videotapes and edits stories; operates cameras and microwave equipment on live reports.
Drives, maintains and operates KOMO News live vehicles. Also operates portable microwave gear, Wi-Fi and Fiber Optic remotes for news broadcasts.
Monitors police and fire radios in the vehicle and maintains two-way communication with the News Department.
Operates and maintains news vehicles, including maintaining adequate levels of gas, oil and other fluids, monitoring tire wear and mileage; and advising the TV News Operations Manager on the need for specific servicing or repairs.
Maintains camera equipment to include recharging batteries, careful handling and storage, keeping equipment clean and free of dust and moisture, and advising the TV News Director of Photography of worn, damaged or faulty equipment.
Makes recommendations to the Assignment Planner on story ideas or leads.
Performs other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Degree in Communications or related field or equal work experience preferred.
Ability to operate video cameras, recorders, editing equipment and live news gathering platforms.
At least three years experience in a working television news room.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 60 pounds.
- Excellent vision (with or without corrective lenses) with the ability to read and distinguish colors.
- Excellent hearing with the ability to speak clearly.
- Ability to sit, kneel, walk, and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate a vehicle (must possess a valid WA state driver’s license with an excellent driving record).
- Ability to work under pressure and without direct supervision.
- Ability to operate video cameras, recorders, and editing equipment.
- Ability to work weekends, nights, and various shifts.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to lift and support camera equipment at shoulder level for sustained periods of time.
- Ability to move quickly and demonstrate agility including: bending; twisting; climbing.
· Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
3-5 years of experience required
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) preferred
At least 3 years working in a broadcast televsion newsroom.
Fisher Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer