From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:27 PM
Subject: FCC Compliance – 828 – Manual Job Submission
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWJ1cmNoYW0uODgzNzQuMzYzMUBmaXNoZXJjb21tdW5pY2F0aW9uc2luYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Position: Design Intern
Location: Seattle, Washington
Fisher Radio Seattle is seeking a Design Intern. We are not an ad agency or design studio rather we are a hungry and passionate in-house creative team. We use the same creative path and strive just as hard to create best of class creative solutions for our clients and stakeholders.
The internship/apprenticeship is designed to transform students to working professionals ready for the next chapter in their lives. The internship/apprenticeship is based inside of Fisher Radio Seattle’s fast-paced design department, which acts as a creative agency to the company and our clients. Projects may include design and production of: Logos and brand development; Signage and banners; Point of Purchase Displays; Websites; Interactive and rich media/Flash; and Static and animated web advertisements.
You will get your hands dirty and get a comprehensive overview of the desi gn field in the skill sets of typography, color theory, layout, and HTML/CSS for the practices of branding, print, web/interactive and motion projects. Most importantly you can get experience, portfolio projects, and confidence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, layout, production of print based marketing communications
- Design and animation of web based pages and advertisements
- Coding of web based sites/pages and advertisements with HTML/CSS/jQuery/ActionScript
- Design and animation of motion based projects
- Printing and mounting of projects as needed
- Interface with clients and non-designers
- Other duties as assigned
- Bring your “A” game and be eager to learn and grow
- Be willing and open to take direction and feedback
- Know the basics of a Macintosh computer, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator & Adobe InDesign
- Have completed the first half of a graphic design program (AA, BA, BFA)
- Present a portfolio of your work
- Commit to at least 3 or ideally 4+ days per week for 20-25 hours a week during normal business hours (Weekdays 8am-5pm)
- Live in the Seattle-area during the course of the internship
- Other duties as assigned
Student MUST submit all item listed via the Fisher website. You may submit your resume and up to THREE PDF attachments with a total file weight not to exceed 4MB.
- Cover letter
- Two references (one from a professor/teacher)
- Five design samples