Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWJ1cmNoYW0uNzExODUuMzYzMUBmaXNoZXJjb21tdW5pY2F0aW9uc2luYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Location: Yakima, Washington
KIMA TV in Yakima, WA seeks a Reporter to c ontribute content to a live, daily newscast that follows a viewer advocacy style and brand. Acts as a team player to contribute to an atmosphere that fosters a winning attitude and performs work according to the values of Fisher Communications with the utmost of integrity and trust in doing what is right.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Field reporting daily
- Frequent use of social media and online content
- Plan and research future stories and cover an assigned beat
- Attend daily editorial meeting
- Participate in frequent public appearances and community events
- Other duties may be assigned
Fisher Values: To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following values:
1. Integrity: Demonstrates the highest standards of behavior through honesty, fairness, and trust in everything that they do. Is direct, forthcoming and does what is right. Honors commitments and is accountable for their actions.
2. Dedication to Excellence: Expects to win by giving their best effort and striving for the highest quality in everything they do. Exhibits a sense of urgency, is action-oriented, seizes opportunities and steadfastly pushes themselves and others for results. Seeks continuous improvement and displays good judgment.
3. Service to the Community: Is dedicated to making our community a better place to work and live. Displays a sense of concern and responsibility toward our coworkers, workplace and communities as a whole.
4. Respect for the Individual: Treats everyone with dignity and respect. Strives to understand others and actively listens to their concerns and perceptions. Shares information and ideas openly and honestly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
no experience required
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) preferred
Fisher Communicatons is an Equal Opportunity Employer