We are seeking a Social Media Intern to assist with our communications and outreach efforts. The internship is an opportunity to gain experience working with a nonprofit from a technological, social networking, and community organizing perspective. The intern will help promote Blue Earth’s mission via social media platforms, blog updates, e-mail newsletters and announcements, photographer outreach, coordinating project updates, and a small number of related tasks.
This is an unpaid internship with Blue Earth, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization based in Seattle. The position is expected to require roughly five hours per week, depending upon the efficiency of the intern, but time required is negotiable. The position will require telecommuting; applicants must be able to work remotely.
- Assist with editing and producing content for various media channels, including our blog, Twitter, Google+, Facebook, newsletters, or other platforms
- Assist with regular updates to our blog and social media feeds
- Coordinate project news and updates from sponsored photographers
- Seek new avenues for engaging with the broader photographic community
- This position reports to the Executive Director and/or other Blue Earth representatives as assigned
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience with social media platforms and applications
- Ability to work independently, with sporadic supervision by Blue Earth staff
- Reliability and willingness to adhere to general guidelines
- Creativity and the ability to leverage our portfolio of projects to its best advantage
Please send brief cover letter and resume via e-mail to the contact below with “Social Media Intern Application” in the subject line.
Bart J. Cannon, Executive Director