Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWJ1cmNoYW0uODU5NzguMzYzMUBmaXNoZXJjb21tdW5pY2F0aW9uc2luYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Location: Yakima, Washington
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Contribute content to a live, daily newscast that follows a viewer advocacy style and brand. Acts as a team player to contribute to an atmosphere that fosters a winning attitude and performs work according to the values of Fisher Communications with the utmost of integrity and trust in doing what is right.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Field reporting daily resulting in a package and two (2) vosot stories presented in the newscast and online
- videotaping footage with a tripod for use in stories
- editing footage for use in stories
- composing news stories that gain approval by News Director or Assistant News Director
- accurately posting all stories and video online and without errors
- frequent posting to social media
- Plan and research future stories for use in daily coverage or during sweeps months and cover an assigned beat
- Attend daily editorial meeting prepared with three (3) story ideas that may be used in the current day’s newscast
- Participate in frequent public appearances and community events
- Other duties as assigned
Fisher Values: To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following values:
1. Integrity: Demonstrates the highest standards of behavior through honesty, fairness, and trust in everything that they do. Is direct, forthcoming and does what is right. Honors commitments and is accountable for their actions.
2. Dedication to Excellence: Expects to win by giving their best effort and striving for the highest quality in everything they do. Exhibits a sense of urgency, is action-oriented, seizes opportunities and steadfastly pushes themselves and others for results. Seeks continuous improvement and displays good judgment.
3. Innovation: Creation of better products, processes, services or technologies to embrace change and seek new ways to drive business and achieve better operational performance. Team members focus on the bigger picture to gain insight on novel ideas or new methods of doing business to create value. We are creative and innovative in seeking opportunities, navigating challenges and finding solutions.
4. Respect for the Individual: Treats everyone with dignity and respect. Strives to understand others and actively listens to their concerns and perceptions. Shares information and ideas openly and honestly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
no experience required
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) preferred
Fisher Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer