Title: Photojournalist Req Specific Title:
Location/Division: Portland – KATU -1500 Department: News – 225
Employment Duration: Full time # of Hours per Week: 40
FLSA Status: Non Exempt EEO Category: 2 – Professionals
Employee Category: Regular FT Supervise People: No
Union: IATSE – Portland Personal Vehicle: No
Company Vehicle: Yes
Property: KATU – TV
SUMMARY OF JOB:
KATU, the ABC affiliate in Portland, Oregon, seeks an experienced photojournalist to help gather news content and maintain the creative storytelling goals of the #1 station in the market. Beginners need not apply – we need an energetic, positive team player who reacts quickly to breaking news and works with producers, reporters and the web team to create a mutual vision for creative and compelling news stories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Duty 1. This person creatively shoots and edits video of news, sports and special features utilizing the NPPA style of photography.
· Duty 2. Operating both satellite and microwave trucks and all related equipment is required.
· Duty 3. Knowledge of non-linear editing is essential.
· Duty 4. Social media responsibilities will be required.
· Duty 5. Ability to work early mornings, nights, weekends and other various shifts.
· Other duties may be assigned.