Web Content Producer Opportunity!
The Communication Department is looking to hire a student for a Web Content Producer position for development and production of a media campaign about the new developments in the journalism program. We are looking for a skilled storyteller experienced with video software and production and highly adept with digital platforms. The student will be paid hourly for a short-term, project-based assignment during Winter and Spring 2015. Hours and days to be negotiated upon hire.
Familiarity with video production, especially Final Cut Pro on Mac OS.; familiarity with Macintosh computers and digital video cameras; ability to conduct interviews with alumni, faculty, and students of the program and develop digital stories; ability to work independently and with University web content managers.
How to Apply:
To apply, students must submit an application along with a video clip (60-90 seconds) showcasing their expertise across multimedia platforms. Please send your application to Dr. Sonora Jha (Sonora@seattleu.edu).
Sales & Marketing Internship Program
Compendium creates and distributes a fresh, design-rich range of inspiring gift products. Our ever-growing line of gift books, greeting cards, journals and children’s products are sold in thousands of specialty retail gift stores worldwide. Combined with our award-winning creative team, Compendium is dedicated to developing innovative, effective and inspiring products and solutions that enable our accounts to achieve their sales goals in a way that also builds customer loyalty and retention. Since 1985, Compendium has had a talent for turning everyday items into extraordinary gifts, and everyday occasions into memorable events. We help people foster deeper relationships and show what it truly means to “live inspired.”
Compendium is seeking a talented and motivated student for a paid internship program. This position will be based out of our Seattle office in Wallingford. You will assist the sales and marketing team in the execution of its key initiatives. This internship program will offer the opportunity to be involved in meaningful work/projects and to be exposed to daily operations (such as creative process in development of marketing tools and sales and customer service operations). Our intern will have responsibility for and/or involvement in a wide range of sales support, marketing and public relations activities.
The Sales & Marketing Intern will be responsible for the following:
- Create reports and assist in analyzing data on customers to aid in the development and execution of targeted communication programs to wholesale accounts
- Support Sales in maintaining and updating databases
- Organizing & maintaining press clips and awards
- Media & blogger list development
- Social media research (i.e. blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.)
- Sending product samples to media, bloggers, key accounts and sales reps
- Other duties as assigned including Sales, Marketing and Customer Service team support which might include:
- Order processing
- Customer Service functions via phone and email
- Industry research
- Shipping marketing materials
The Sales & Marketing Intern should
- Be currently enrolled in college with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be creative and resourceful
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Be articulate; have proper phone etiquette
- Have strong computer skills; must have well-developed PC skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications
- Be familiar with social media (i.e. blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.)
- Be organized and confident managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Have a natural curiosity and genuine interest in multi-discipline business communication
- Be a self-motivated individual who can work under minimal supervision who can collaborate with a group, and work well independently
We are looking an intern who is available to work approximately 20-25 hours per week. Apply by sending your resume, cover letter and writing samples to email@example.com. Please include writing sample and outline examples of any marketing experience or industry knowledge that you have obtained.
We are looking for a journalism intern to help us with our article creation. We have had interns from PLU, Seattle U, and UW. Our Co-Founder and CEO, Dan Giuliani is an Adjunct Professor of Sport Performance at UW. I’m a Seattle U alumnus and have worked with Dr. Paul for our previous communications interns.
Here’s the job description:
- Cover stories about Volt Athletics (i.e., Advisory Board members, Volt Family Members)
- Writing featured articles for a weekly newsletter that reaches 30,000 people and the Volt Athletics blog
- Ghostwriting for selected individuals for a weekly newsletter and Volt Athletics blog
- Assisting in the process and editing of press releases, other contributor’s articles, and additional copy editing
- Strong command of the English language
- Highly developed writing skills Volt Athletics (‘Volt’) provides athletes everywhere with unprecedented access to world-class strength and conditioning. Through cloud-based technology, Volt brings the expertise of professional strength coaches to sports teams around the world, giving coaches and athletes the structure and resources needed to train at an elite level, affordably. Volt Athletics was founded by Dan Giuliani and Trevor Watkins in April 2011 and launched to the public in 2013.If you have any students that would be interesting please, let me know. You can have them email directly or contact me through you – whatever you prefer. It could start next quarter or mid-way through this quarter, depending on the student’s preference. Let me know if you have any questions or need additional information. All the best, Doug Buserdoug@voltathletics.com | 925.323.4078
- voltathletics.com | @voltathletics
- Communications Manager | Volt Athletics
- About Volt Athletics
- We would like to see a writing sample from each applicant.