Posted: January 2015
Title: Communications Officer
Location: Seattle, Washington
Status: Full-time, exempt
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package included.
The Max Foundation announces an opening for a Communications Officer to further our mission to increase global access to treatment, care and support for people living with cancer. Primary responsibilities will focus on communications related to community engagement, such as implementing fundraising and awareness campaigns; building content for digital audiences and publications; as well as driving organizational social media platforms. In collaboration with the leadership team, the Communications Officer will help to create and carry out the digital strategy, ensuring it is technically advanced and in line with The Max Foundation’s messaging and brand.
Essential job functions:
- Design, manage, and execute a digital marketing strategy, in collaboration with the leadership team, which is forward-thinking, global, integrated, and engaging.
- Work with leadership team to ensure digital media and internal communications efforts are strategically advancing organizational mission.
- Use best practices in the industry to maximize the production, monitoring, and reporting for social media platform.
- Regularly update organizational website, often in collaboration with global team members.
- Assist with internal communications on a project-by-project basis.
- Maintain consistent organizational branding and design standards of published materials.
- Serve as a dynamic and proactive team member with positive attitude, working both independently and collaboratively.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, marketing or related field, and at least 1-3 years of full-time experience as a communications professional, with a focus on brand, mission driven and strategic content. A global perspective, with international work experience a plus. Passion for advancing global health in line with The Max Foundation’s mission. Previous experience working in the global health, scientific, or non-profit sectors strongly desired. Strong background in maximizing social media platforms to further community engagement, marketing and campaigns. Background in fundraising, development and advancement beneficial; advanced degrees welcomed.
Excellent communicator; ability to translate concepts and ideas into compelling content.
- Highly strategic orientation; experience developing and deploying brand strategies and messaging platforms for a global organization.
- Highly collaborative; able to bring disparate players onto the same page.
- Ability to work with many types of professionals—from physicians to advocates—and translate their priorities into strategic and effective communications.
- Experience producing mission driven communications materials.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out social media awareness campaigns.
- Experience working with content management systems.
- Experience with communications platforms, such as email blasting programs.
- Ability to work closely with IT Solutions team for media and web promotion.
- Proven experience overseeing brand management and implementing marketing strategies.
E-mail your resume and letter of interest: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Max Foundation is dedicated to diversity in staff and is an equal opportunity employer.