Administrative Assistant Intern
Time Commitment: 15-20 hrs per week
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship
Crosscut seeks a reliable and motivated individual to handle financial and office management responsibilities. The Administrative Assistant Intern will manage reception responsibilities, assist in bookkeeping and invoicing, and strategize and execute Crosscut’s 2015 GiveBIG day campaign.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain non-profit administration experience working directly with a professional staff of a member-supported media organization. Candidates interested in non-profit fundraising, administration, or business development should apply.
During the duration of this internship, projects may include:
- Receiving visitors and answer telephone calls whenever possible, responding to visitor/callers needs in a professional and friendly manager
- GiveBIG Day campaign strategy and implementation
- Processing daily incoming and outgoing mail
- Salesforce/database management, tracking of donations, memberships, and newsletter lists
- Research of available grants and drafting of proposals
- General support for Crosscut including general filing, copying, supply ordering, and mailing preparation
- Assisting in special events and member outreach/support
- Interest in the mission of Crosscut
- Proficient command of English grammar and spelling
- Must be proficient in MS Office
- Experience with Quickbooks, Salesforce, and MailChimp is a plus but not required
- Past Office Administration is a plus but not required
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required
- Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Capacity to work on a computer and keep detailed records
This internship will be structured to challenge and grow the skills needed to provide a foundation for professional goals in non-profit news or leadership. Through mentorship, coaching, and hands on partnership in the above areas, the intern will gain substantial experience in relationship management, database administration, development, as well as exposure to non-profit culture and newsmakers/reporters across the Northwest.
To apply, send cover letter outlining your interest in Crosscut and this position and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline To Apply
May 15, 2015