Graphic Design Intern, Hing Hay Coworks
Reports to: Program Coordinator, Hing Hay Coworks
Time Commitment: Part-time, 10-15 hours per week, 3 months minimum
General Nature and Scope:
HING HAY COWORKS, the newest program launched by the Seattle Chinatown International District Preservation and Development Authority (SCIDpda), is seeking to fill an unpaid Graphic Design Internship position. Hing Hay Coworks is a collaborative and productive work space serving freelancers, boutique firms and start-ups who value meaningful partnership, creative exploration, and bringing ideas to market. We are fostering a community of diverse entrepreneurs in the cultural, creative and tech sectors who sees opportunity working with the Asia Pacific Rim community.
Hing Hay Coworks officially launched on June 1st, 2015. As a new program, we are looking for intern to create great marketing materials that will enable us to build an active community of entrepreneurs. Intern will design everything from posters and flyers, to graphics for social media and other online outlets.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Ability to meet and work within strict deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, knowledge of other Adobe Creative Suite programs a plus
- The candidate must also have a computer with design software, an email address, reliable transportation (not a must, but preferred), and a working telephone/cell phone.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design brand-appropriate marketing materials for target audience including but not limited to flyers, brochures, posters, banners, illustrations/graphics and logos
- Editing and updating existing graphics
- Participate in conceptual brainstorm meetings for creative advertising and event marketing concepts
- Work in collaboration with creative team for fully integrated design strategy
- Prepare printing specifications for print shop; obtain bids/quotes and recommend vendors
Education and Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered.
- Pursuing a degree in graphic design or have previous graphic design experience
- Having a passion for our mission and the entrepreneur/startup scene a plus
- Experience with HTML, CSS, Flash, Java a plus.
- Design portfolio a plus
This is an unpaid internship position with many perks:
- Letter of Reference upon successful completion of internship
- Work in an exciting and entrepreneurial environment
- Great resume/portfolio builder
- Expand and strengthen your network
- Contribute to the revitalization of the historic Chinatown-International District neighborhood
- Invitation to Happy Hours and other events
- Free usage of our coworking space during internship
- Two months of complementary membership after internship
- Unlimited free coffee and tea
This internship position does allow for remote work. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.