Seattle Made Marketing and Communications Intern
We are looking for a Seattle Made Marketing and Communications intern. This is an excellent opportunity for a collaborative, outgoing project manager with interests in local business, food, community development, and events/marketing. Application deadline is June 6th.
Seattle Good Business Network is a coalition of local businesses, entrepreneurs, investors, and citizens committed to buying, producing, and investing locally. Together, we’re building a resilient, vibrant, and inclusive local economy. One of our programs, Seattle Made supports local producers and manufacturers producing everything from bowties to kimchi to bicycles all made right here in Seattle!
- 15 – 20 hours per week
- 6/15 – 10/15 – dates are flexible
- Stipend available Intern Position Duties:
- Formation, implementation, and tracking of a social media plan for Seattle Made and specifically Seattle Made Week (early October)
- Populating the Seattle Made online calendar
- Research, compile and populate an online database of local pop-up shops, fairs, and events.
- Research, compile and populate an online database of local providers – ie: graphic designers, bookkeepers, printers.
- Work at events
- Other office and event duties as assignedQualifications: Must be pursuing or possess a degree in public relations, communications and/or marketing. Excellent research, writing and communication skills
- Social media understanding, experience preferred
- Comfortable working independently in a flexible work environment, ability to multi-task
- Ability to work at events that may include nights and weekends
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and online content management (WordPress)
- How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume via e-mail to Andrea Porter, Seattle Made Program Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.