About Environment Washington:
Environment Washington is a nonprofit, environmental advocacy group. We leverage our signature grassroots activism to change policy. Currently, we are working on a campaign to keep uranium mining out of the Grand Canyon. Right now, there is an active uranium mine just 6 miles from the Southern Rim of the Grand Canyon. This could lead to the radioactive contamination of water, soil, and people! Thus, we are urging President Obama to make 1.7 million acres around the Grand Canyon a national monument, permanently protecting one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
Internship description and qualifications:
Environment Washington interns receive a truly hands on experience (no fetching coffee here!), imparting them with key responsibilities critical to winning our campaigns.
Interns will be expected to:
- Write and submit informational articles in local media markets
- Communicate directly with local reporters
- Engage with local businesses and community leaders
- Educate and mobilize peers
- Recruit and train volunteers
We provide robust training for any task we ask our interns to perform, as well as consistent guidance and feedback.
Communications, writing, and public speaking skills preferred.
How to apply:
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In email, please include what issues you are passionate about, and why you care about them.
Paid Internship Opportunity
Gallatin Public Affairs offers a paid internship position for those interested in communications, politics and public affairs. The ideal candidate will thrive in a team-oriented, multi-tasking environment and have a strong interest in politics and communications. The ideal candidate will also possess advanced writing, organizational, event planning, and data management skills to support a senior team of public affairs professionals.
Work duties and daily tasks are always evolving but will include:
- Project support
- Media monitoring
- Event management
Expectations and compensation:
- 15 – 20 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
- Flexible schedule
- $18.00 per hour
- Orca card
About Gallatin Public Affairs:
For 25 years, at the intersection of business, government, politics and media, we’ve helped our clients overcome challenges, seize opportunities and grow. We are an employee-owned company of experienced strategists, lobbyists, communicators, policy experts, researchers and organizers. To learn more about Gallatin Public Affairs visit www.gallatinpa.com.
Please submit a resume and cover letter, including 3 references, to Bruce Gryniewski, Managing Partner, by no later than September 23RD at email@example.com.
Lead the Pack * Change the Way * Be the First Call * Invest in People
Multimedia Internship with Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County
Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County is looking to fill a fall quarter multimedia internship position for credit. The position asks for 10-20 hours per week with a flexible start and end date. Some hours can be worked remotely, but we’d like the intern in office at least once per week. We are looking for a college junior or senior with an eye for design and experience with video and other visual journalism concepts.
The intern will create media content for our organization including pieces about our organization as a whole, partner families, The Store and volunteers. This would be in the form of PSAs and other photo and video content that informs the public about our organization. These photos videos would be posted to our website, played at donor events and distributed to the media on occasion.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must own or have access to photo and basic video equipment and video editing software (FinalCut Pro, IMovie, etc.)
- Familiar with video editing software and Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of visual design concepts
- Must have excellent interviewing, writing and video/photo skills
- Enjoy working with people and be willing to leave the office to conduct interviews and shoot photos/video
- Must be willing to work with little direction and give input on project ideas
- Assist with ad and promotional material design, writing blog content and help with other writing materials
- Must have a passion for helping others and have a basic understanding of what Habitat for Humanity does. An interest in helping low-income communities and nonprofit work is preferable.
- This position will work closely with the resource development desk
The deadline to apply is September 30. Please send a resume, cover letter and link to a portfolio with relevant work to Katie Rickel at firstname.lastname@example.org and CC Mark Johnson at email@example.com. Please direct any questions to Katie Rickel.