Multimedia Internship with Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County
Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County is looking to fill a fall quarter multimedia internship position for credit. The position asks for 10-20 hours per week with a flexible start and end date. Some hours can be worked remotely, but we’d like the intern in office at least once per week. We are looking for a college junior or senior with an eye for design and experience with video and other visual journalism concepts.
The intern will create media content for our organization including pieces about our organization as a whole, partner families, The Store and volunteers. This would be in the form of PSAs and other photo and video content that informs the public about our organization. These photos videos would be posted to our website, played at donor events and distributed to the media on occasion.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must own or have access to photo and basic video equipment and video editing software (FinalCut Pro, IMovie, etc.)
- Familiar with video editing software and Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of visual design concepts
- Must have excellent interviewing, writing and video/photo skills
- Enjoy working with people and be willing to leave the office to conduct interviews and shoot photos/video
- Must be willing to work with little direction and give input on project ideas
- Assist with ad and promotional material design, writing blog content and help with other writing materials
- Must have a passion for helping others and have a basic understanding of what Habitat for Humanity does. An interest in helping low-income communities and nonprofit work is preferable.
- This position will work closely with the resource development desk
The deadline to apply is September 30. Please send a resume, cover letter and link to a portfolio with relevant work to Katie Rickel at email@example.com and CC Mark Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please direct any questions to Katie Rickel.