2nd Avenue Collective, LLC is looking for 4 interns starting mid- to late May through the summer and possibly longer. Preference to journalism and communications majors.
A Reporter must have a love for writing and a comprehensive understanding of the industry specific to your audience. You will be responsible for writing interesting and engaging articles geared for a specific target audience and have the ability to come up with original, relevant and timely topics. We are looking for someone who is organized, flexible, engaging, and self-motivated, with knowledge and interest in nightlife, hospitality, tourism, arts & entertainment.
– Creative and able to come up with relevant, interesting topics in a timely manner
– Identifying the audience’s needs and able to address them successfully
– Have a professional, consistent, and witty writing style, encouraging subscribers to share on social media, and elsewhere.
– Research, fact checking, and interview skills.
– Be available at least once per week for face-to-face interaction
– Schedule and submit time per week to perform duties
– Collecting info about newsworthy events in the Belltown area for publication
– Receiving assignments, or evaluating news leads/tips to develop story ideas
– Taking photographs or shooting video to illustrate stories.
– Editing or assist in editing photos and videos.
ABOUT 2ND AVENUE COLLECTIVE
2ND AVENUE COLLECTIVE brings together the best of what nightlife in Belltown has to offer. From restaurants to bars, venues to theatres, there’s something for everyone to enjoy on every night of the week. See here to get updates on what’s happening, what’s new, and what brings us all together all in the vibrant community of Belltown. See you on 2nd Ave!