Editorial Associate Job Posting
The Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle, a 501(c) 3 organization, is committed to connecting and building a vibrant Jewish community in Seattle, in Israel and around the world and we are seeking a full time Editorial Associate.
Summary: The Editorial Associate is responsible for producing newsletters and other content featuring stories about people, events, and Federation activities that are of broad interest to the Puget Sound Jewish community. The Editorial Associate will be the Jewish Federation’s first point of contact with SagaCity Media on editorial matters related to the Federation’s bimonthly Jewish lifestyle magazine.
The Editorial Associate reports to the Marketing & Communications Manager, and will work as needed with the Marketing & Communications Associate and with other department staff to gather information and coordinate content production.
The Editorial Associate position is full-time, which may include evening and weekend assignments.
Essential Responsibilities include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
- Federation Newsletter – The Editorial Associate will work with the Marketing & Communications Manager to plan content for a hard-copy newsletter to be produced four times per year. The Editorial Associate will be responsible for writing and editing articles, preparing the newsletter for final review, and working with the printer on production.
- Community Calendar – Maintain the online calendar of community events sponsored by Jewish organizations in the Puget Sound region.
- Events E-mail – Prepare and distribute a weekly e-mail to the community highlighting events of interest in the forthcoming week.
- Website – Assist the Marketing and Communications Manager as assigned with managing the Federation website, including production and posting of content, proofreading, troubleshooting, and verifying and correcting links.
- Magazine Liaison – Coordinate with SagaCity Media on editorial matters related to the Federation’s bimonthly Jewish lifestyle magazine, including planning content of upcoming editions, editing stories and reviewing advertising. Work with the Marketing & Communications Manager on planning, writing and editing content for the Federation’s four-page section in each edition of the magazine.
- Weekly CEO Letter – Assist with writing and editing the President & CEO’s weekly letter to community leaders.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or other relevant discipline
- 3-5 years of journalism, marketing and/or communications experience
- Practical command of MS Office suite, website management, calendar and other communications tools
Required Attributes and Competencies
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work as a team player in a diverse working environment and to work with outside vendors
- Ability to work independently
- Strong aptitude for problem-solving
- Familiarity with Jewish culture, heritage and philanthropy desired
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a typical climate controlled office environment and the noise is usually moderate.
Travel may be required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your resume, three work samples and cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for this position to: Jobs@JewishInSeattle.org
No phone calls please.
Filed under: Job Opportunities | Leave a comment »