Be part of a start-up journey that is ushering in the next generation identity of a great tech city – Seattle. We are a relatively new tech startup ideation company with a strong publishing arm. Our publishing arm will create communications and publications with themes on entrepreneurship, careers, leadership, startups, women, youth, children, life skills, culture, health, education, spirituality, and contemporary social issues. You will be working with founders to develop and fine-tune the company’s vision, business plan, strategy, first product offering, communications, market analysis, and operational structure.
The mission of Founders Tango LABS is to highlight and raise awareness on issues that matter to people and society through the medium of publishing and media. Founders Tango LABS is part of the holding entity Founders Tango, a startup advisory, consulting, and education service advising and coaching startup founders, CEOs, and technologists. At Founders Tango LABs, we learn through experimentation, networking, and collaboration. Our first project is a book on entrepreneurship and women. Our incubation pipeline includes several books (fiction and non-fiction), ventures ideal for the millennials, and global philanthropic causes. The intern will have the opportunity to lead, be highly visible, and gain experience in handling the publishing project end-to-end.
Location: Time: Duration All work is virtually performed with visits to our Bellevue office as needed
Part-time (12-15 hrs.). 3 months. Unpaid. Course Credit can be arranged
Apply: Via email with your resume + what motivated you to apply for this internship. firstname.lastname@example.org or call Shanika at 425-442-5797.
– Fine-tune the overall project plan, writing plan, and timeline
– Manage book project plan, calendar, and ensure the project is on schedule and in budget
– Research and put first drafts on assigned topics
– Establish the editorial board and correspond; assist with editorial support to the author
– Organize and collect progress reports; monitor progress and report
– Set up interviews; join the author in conducting interviews
– Proof read both hard copy and electronic files, basic copyediting
– Assist with or proofing PR releases, marketing, advertisements, flyers, brochures, etc. – Work on company newsletter, blog posts, presentations, PR, news releases
– Launch social media campaigns
– Assist with special projects, as needed
– Assist with community or global citizenship oriented projects with high visibility – Administrative tasks (appointments; seminar sign up/organize; email lists; communications, update company database, etc.)
– You are smart, creative, entrepreneurial and energetic
– You have a way with the words and a love for creative writing
– You have a strong interest in understanding/working with entrepreneurs; you may be dreaming of starting your own company or writing your own book one day
– You can perform in both a collaborative team environment and independently to move projects forward
– You are a critical thinker who understands the realities of doing business; business acumen – You have completed minimum of 3 years of coursework ( may combine with prior work or internships) on writing, communications, and business subjects (like marketing, strategy, operations, entrepreneurship, organizational behavior, qualitative analysis, or work experience). Undergraduate or graduate students with a dual major in communications, journalism, public relations, English, or business are highly encouraged to apply.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a comment »