Curator, a Seattle-‐based creative earned media agency, is seeking to hire a public relations intern for fall quarter to assist with day-‐to-‐day agency functions over the course of a 10-‐week time period.
Curator’s mission is to help brands curate and participate in the conversation of the marketplace, while developing strategies that align core brand promises and ever-‐changing consumer behaviors. Curator works with a wide variety of clients across the consumer and lifestyle industries. Interns will have the opportunity to work with brands in real estate, food and beverage, health and wellness, retail and fashion, nonprofit, and more. The following is a list of clients Curator has worked with:
• Whole Kids Foundation
• Washington’s Lottery
• Pyramid Brewing
• Simon Property Group
The intern candidate is a student of a university communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, English or advertising program. Previous PR/marketing/social media experience is helpful, but not required.
• Current student at any university in the Western Washington area.
• Have strong writing skills and general knowledge of AP style.
• Must be detail-‐oriented with excellent time-‐management skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
• Must be able to commit to at least two days in the office.
• Candidate must have an understanding of social media.
• Basic understanding of media pitching, drafting press materials such as press releases, media alerts, etc.
• Eagerness to learn more about the public relations industry through hands-‐on work.
Roles & Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of the intern will change daily based on client and account needs, and immediate projects. However, the following represents ongoing tasks that the intern can expect to own and/or help support:
• Assisting with media monitoring and tacking results.
• Update media lists and help with ongoing research to add new contacts/identify influencers.
• Manage calendar listings and editorial calendars for select clients.
• Record notes and next steps resulting from all weekly internal team meetings.
• General office upkeep including prepping for client meetings, assisting with organizing files and desk spaces.
Advanced Client Tasks
• Develop new client media lists and identify social media influencers.
• Join weekly client calls as an observer and capture notes to help update activity status reports.
• Work with account teams to draft media pitches and media advisories and potentially conduct outreach to select outlets with pitches.
• Support new business research.
• Search and track client coverage, and support the compilation of project coverage reports.
• Ongoing research to identify new media and blog outlets that may be relevant for client pitches.
• Work with account teams to draft month-‐end reporting documents.
This internship is unpaid and for-‐credit only.
How to Apply
Email cover letter, resume and any portfolio materials to email@example.com