Communications & Events Intern
Pangea Giving supports grassroots organizations globally to improve the well being of their communities through engaged giving. As a giving circle, we foster social change by giving small grants to community organizations in three regions: Latin America, East Africa, and Southeast Asia. Our partners address critical issues that are the self-defined needs of their communities.
These issues include women’s social and economic empowerment, sustainable agriculture, education, and more.
We are seeking a self-starter who is comfortable working independently and is excited about joining a small non-profit team as a Communications & Events Intern.
Event Planning: Pangea Giving hosts a number of public community events that highlight the major issues in the countries where we work and the inspiring work of our community partners. The ideal applicant will be able to support Pangea Giving staff in event planning and coordination.
- Working with Pangea Giving staff to plan community events
- Create and distribute promotional materials for events including flyers
- Conduct outreach and promote event on social media and local media outlets
- Research and book event logistics including venues, catering, and A/V equipment
- Support staff in day of logistics
Communications: In a small non-profit environment, there are countless potential projects that need doing, and there is a lot of space for creativity and independent thinking. Depending on the skills, interests, and goals of the selected candidate, this position can include: writing & content generation, digital graphics & design, video editing & production, website editing & design.
- Work with Pangea Giving staff to create content for our website, social media, and other outlets
- Work with staff to come up with new ideas for features on website and social media
- Help generate content for new online fundraising campaigns and website
- Other projects based on intern’s aptitude and interests
- Passion for supporting grassroots community organizations
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and organization
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Experience managing social media accounts
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Experience with graphic design
- Familiarity or willingness to learn video editing skills
- Knowledge of website design and administration (especially SEO!)
- Familiarity with Constant Contact and Adobe Creative Suite
- Prior event planning experience is a plus!
About the position:
The Communications & Event Intern will work 10-15/hours a week for at minimum of three months, starting in January 2019. We offer flexibility in scheduling.
Pangea Giving is a small, largely volunteer-run non-profit organization. This is a non-paid internship position that offers learning opportunities. Course credit may be available.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Nick Dreher, email@example.com with “Communications & Event Intern” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a final application deadline of December 28, 2018. Pangea Giving encourages persons of any race, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, and background to apply.