Social Media Intern
Time Commitment: 10-15 hrs per week
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship
The Social Media Intern will work closely with the social media manager on social media posting and management, editorial and marketing post strategy, Community Idea Lab social marketing and SEO optimization.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the digital world of a non-profit media organization and website. Candidates interested in audience development, marketing, social media management and SEO strategy should apply.
During the duration of the internship, projects may include collaboration on:
- Helping to post content from the Crosscut.com website daily on social media channels, including Twitter, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Facebook and Instagram.
- Drafting posts for editorial content and marketing strategy for events like Community Idea Lab.
- Managing social media accounts, monitoring conversation on accounts and beginning conversations with other organizations through tweeting and sharing content.
- Adding keywords to articles that are posted on the website, and helping to provide SEO optimization to the website.
- Interest in the mission of Crosscut.
- Proficient command of English grammar and spelling.
- Understanding of and ability to manage social media channels (Twitter, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.).
- Desired knowledge of SEO basics.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
This internship will be structured to challenge and grow the skills needed to provide a foundation for your professional goals in non-profit leadership. Through mentorship, coaching, and hands on partnership in the above areas, you’ll gain substantial experience in nonprofit social media marketing, as well as exposure to non-profit culture and newsmakers/reporters across the Northwest.
To apply, send resume and cover letter outlining your interest in Crosscut to email@example.com.
Deadline To Apply
May 15, 2015